Thanks to all -- but we still need your help

Old May 22nd 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Thanks to all -- but we still need your help

Many thanks to everyone in the aviation community for making our annual Big
Kids Toy Show in Iowa City (KIOW) a success! We had T-28s, T-6s, a
Mustang, a Columbia 300, a turbine-powered Lancair IV-P, a Citation
(straight from Cessna's factory!), a '29 Travel Air, a Gypsy Moth, a Pitts
Special, a '37 J-2 Cub, 140 spam cans -- and so many other "ground" toys, I
can't even list them here. There was ALWAYS at least one cool plane
flying, throughout the weekend.

Amazingly, after so many weeks of awful weather, we actually put two PERFECT
days together -- and I've got the sunburn to prove it. The pancake
breakfast non-profits were ecstatic at their sales, as were our sponsors and
folks selling airplane rides. In the end, a fine time was had by all, and
we should net enough money to get a great start on building our permanent
aviation exhibit at the Iowa Children's Museum.

But this was just the beginning. The space we want to fill at the museum is
about the length of a Boeing 727, all glass, and is 3 stories tall! We
could easily put fifty exhibits into that space, with unlimited money...

We're aiming a bit lower. We need to raise another $10K in order to build
what we consider to be a "museum-worthy" flight display. We're working
with the R/C community for scale models, and with our local EAA chapter for
expertise in building full-scale displays -- but we need your help! Any
expertise you can offer, and especially any financial support you can
provide, will help us build this exhibit in a timely fashion.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to put your money where your mouth is. If
you are as concerned as I am about the future of General Aviation in
America, you know that we *need* to re-capture the interest of our youth.
Personally, I'm getting tired (at age 47) of being considered "the young
guy" at the airport. Airports have become sterile, high-security
compounds, and we just can't count on the kids coming to us -- so we MUST go
to the them! By bringing general aviation into the largest children's
museum in Iowa, I believe we can do just that.

If you can help, please send your tax deductible donation to:

Big Kids Toy Show, Inc.
c/o Alexis Park Inn & Suites
1165 S Riverside Dr.
Iowa City, IA 52246

Any amount will help. We just spent the weekend collecting five bucks at a
time, from thousands of people -- and I'm here to tell you: it all adds up.

Questions? Email 'em to me at

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck