TFR announced over New York City

Old October 13th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

Default TFR announced over New York City

"Denny" wrote in message oups.com...
: The unnoticed action in this accident is the scramble by NORAD, over a
: single incident of damage involving 4 windows in an apartment
: building... What is next, scrambling when some kid falls off a swing?
: How gutless and knee jerk predictable we have become... Any boxer will
: tell you that when you can get your opponent to react consistently and
: predictably you have the fight won...
: The jihadists are winning because we are busily destroying our free
: society in response to them - and that is what they are after and
: happily watching as we do 'their work'...
:
:
: denny
:

Just like the other 2200 or so other scrambles that NORAD has done since 9/11/01. Agreed, freedoms are being compromised
at every turn, so the murderers seem to be winning, but the constitution is strong. Just look at the ruling going
against the administration on so many fronts...

Old October 13th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

..Blueskies. wrote:
[...]

Are the courts actually ruling against the administration? I haven't
heard that.
Old October 13th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Emily wrote:

The spokesman for
NORAD admitted he got his only information from CNN and made his/their
decision to scramble based upon those news reports...

Does this frighten anyone else?

Actually, it doesn't frighten me.

Is CNN a source information or not? Why would you want NORAD
to NOT use a source of information?

Was the aircraft on a flight plan? If not, would you expect NORAD
to know the aircraft's intentions?

What is the downside of scrambling? It's not like they gave any
order to shoot.

Do you expect NORAD to have this magic sensor array where
they know the whereabouts of every single airborne target?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old October 13th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
Emily wrote:

The spokesman for
NORAD admitted he got his only information from CNN and made his/their
decision to scramble based upon those news reports...

Does this frighten anyone else?

Actually, it doesn't frighten me.

Is CNN a source information or not?

I don't think so. Then again, I lived in a city where the papers can't
even get a presidential election winner right.
Old October 13th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roy Smith

Bob Noel wrote:
Is CNN a source information or not? Why would you want NORAD
to NOT use a source of information?

It's common in a big NOC (Network Operations Center, i.e. where they
monitor and control big data and phone networks) to have CNN playing all
the time. Traffic spikes in Chicago, and you start trying to figure out
why. CNN shows film of a big fire in Chicago, and you've got your answer.

Look at it this way. You call FSS and get an official briefing which
sounds pretty benign, so you decide to go flying. On your way out to the
ramp, you pass the TV in the FBO that's tuned to CNN and find out that
there's a line of severe thunderstorms heading your way.

It's a no brainer, right? FSS is the official information source, and
CNN's just CNN, right?
Old October 13th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Emily wrote:
Then again, I lived in a city where the papers can't
even get a presidential election winner right.

Shucks, hardly anyone ever gets that right - not the constitution, not the
U.S. Supreme Court, and not the voters.

:-)
Old October 13th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Emily wrote:

I don't think so. Then again, I lived in a city where the papers can't
even get a presidential election winner right.

funny, they didn't get it right over here either, :-)

--Sylvain
Old October 13th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
Emily wrote:

The spokesman for
NORAD admitted he got his only information from CNN and made his/their
decision to scramble based upon those news reports...

Does this frighten anyone else?

Actually, it doesn't frighten me.

Is CNN a source information or not?

Misinformation for the most part.

Old October 13th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Denny writes:

The spokesman for
NORAD admitted he got his only information from CNN and made his/their
decision to scramble based upon those news reports...

I sincerely hope that is not true.

Old October 13th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

Exactly, we ought to be launching the fighters at any sign of trouble. I'm
sure the F16 pilots won't mind.

Have you checked the cost of launching the fighters?