America's Only Fly-In Pool Party is 7/25/09 -- You're invited!

Old July 3rd 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Peter Dohm

Default America's Only Fly-In Pool Party is 7/25/09 -- You're invited!

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. You go back on my
"list".

Vaughn

Golly, does this mean you can't make it?

It's an announcement of FREE BEER for all. (Does anyone remember the
furor THAT caused here a few years ago? Larry Dighera, where are you
now?) If that is "SPAM", well, I'm guilty. Sue me.

BTW: We're already sold out for the night, so I gain nothing by inviting
more people. It's just a helluva lot of fun...and THAT is what it's all
about.

Hope to see some of you guys in IOW!

Regrettably, I'll have to miss it all AGAIN. So drink an extra for me!

Peter

Old July 3rd 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_7_]

Everyone please consider ignoring him and others like him, this time. Don't
let us go down the same path again.

Just consider it, please. He isn't worth it.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 3rd 09, 07:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ed

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:13:37 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques
wrote:

I HATE Spam!!! I always break the metal strip on the can using that
damn key!!!!!! :-))
DH

Obviously, Dud, you haven't bought any Spam lately.
Old July 3rd 09, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck[_2_]

I HATE Spam!!! I always break the metal strip on the can using that
damn key!!!!!! :-))

Obviously, Dud, you haven't bought any Spam lately.

Please don't tell me that Hormel has eliminated the cool key/can combo.
That was always half the fun of Spam.

Okay, more than half. :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 3rd 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tri-Pacer[_3_]

Fried Spam on buttered toast with a touch of mustard----Yum Yum

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KSDM
2AZ1

Old July 3rd 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I HATE Spam!!! I always break the metal strip on the can using that
damn key!!!!!! :-))

Obviously, Dud, you haven't bought any Spam lately.

Please don't tell me that Hormel has eliminated the cool key/can combo.
That was always half the fun of Spam.

Okay, more than half. :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

I'll have to look on my next visit to the supermarket--but I know that the
entertainment lives on for consumers of canned corned beef hash and canned
ham!

Peter

Old July 6th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
C Gattman[_3_]

On Jul 1, 12:30*pm, Ross wrote:
Vaughn

I am sorry, but I do not see this as spam. I see a very dedicated
aviator inviting fellow aviators to join him for fun and relaxation
prior to going on to Oshkosh.
Go for it, Jay and keep it up. Maybe someday we can meet up.

Hey, all. Before I left the industry to be a full-time pilot and
flight instructor, I was a network and usenet abuse policy
administrator for many years. I have been aware of Jay's business and
activity for many years. For whatever that's worth, it was up to me to
decide what to do with complaints about posts such as Jay's. Here's
how my sysadmin team would evaluate this:

"Spam" is unsolicited BULK material send to multiple off-topic forums
or e-mail addresses. The term does not apply here unless he's spamming
to, say, alt.binaries.kittens or ca.politics also.

"UCE" is Unsolicited Commercial E-mail but can also be applied to
other forums such as usenet. The Rolex spam is UCE, and if Sporty's
advertised here it would be as well because they're not active in the
forum otherwise.

Jay is an active participant of the forum announcing topical activity
that happens to have a commercial element. He's not flooding the
newsgroup with it, ie, posting excessively. He responds to posts and
complaints about it personally. He's using the forum as a bulletin
board to announce his activity to his usenet acquaintances and the
general community. He's been around here for a long time and is one of
the most regular users. As such, he flies right through any reasonable
abuse policy criteria.

Folks, the respectful use of newsgroups as a marketplace and bulletin
board is far more appropriate and vital to the community than
flamewars and bickering. As a reader here for over a decade, I'm much
more interested in learning about a potential gathering of like-minded
subscribers for an airshow than I am in people flaming each other over
the validity of the post.

Flaming and bickering about the validity of Jay's posts is off-topic.
It seems to happen every time he mentions Alexis Park Inn based on the
misconception of what constitutes usenet "spam." I would prefer a
truce, because I think there are countless more important things to
get fired up about.

Have a great time at Oshkosh, everybody. Fly safe!

Respectfully,
Chris Gattman
Commercial pilot, CFI - Troutdale, Oregon
Old July 6th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"C Gattman" wrote in message
Hey, all. Before I left the industry to be a full-time pilot and
flight instructor, I was a network and usenet abuse policy
administrator for many years. I have been aware of Jay's business and
activity for many years. For whatever that's worth, it was up to me to
decide what to do with complaints about posts such as Jay's. Here's
how my sysadmin team would evaluate this:

You are assuming that you are addressing complaints from rational human
beings. Wrong on two counts. Buttnip, Maxwell and all their friends are
simply trolls bent on destruction and disorder - not rational discourse.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old July 7th 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Peter Dohm

"C Gattman" wrote in message
On Jul 1, 12:30 pm, Ross wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the excellent refresher on usenet definitions, and also on the
true purpose of usenet.

Peter

Old July 7th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Brian Whatcott

Peter Dohm wrote:
"C Gattman" wrote in message

[...]

What Chris said; and what Peter said.