Spare Transponder Antenna?

Old May 24th 04, 07:21 PM
Jim Weir

Default Spare Transponder Antenna?

I'm starting my Oshkosh forum writing and I need to know if anybody has a spare
commercial transponder antenna -- the kind with a BNC connector on one end and a
little chrome BB on the other end, mounts in a single hole. I had three or four
of them and have given them away over the years to folks that needed one.

Beg, borrow, steal, or buy. Your choice. Happy to reciprocate some day when
YOU need something. I'll be happy to send a SASbox if that is your preference.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old May 24th 04, 09:00 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Jim Weir wrote:

I'm starting my Oshkosh forum writing and I need to know if anybody has a spare
commercial transponder antenna -- the kind with a BNC connector on one end and a
little chrome BB on the other end, mounts in a single hole. I had three or four
of them and have given them away over the years to folks that needed one.

Beg, borrow, steal, or buy. Your choice. Happy to reciprocate some day when
YOU need something. I'll be happy to send a SASbox if that is your preference.

I have a spare fin type... But I'll want it back at some point, unless
you want the spare transponder too... ;-)

Crosspost to: rec.aviation.owning removed, I'm about 5k messages behind
in that one...
Old May 24th 04, 10:14 PM
Jim Weir

Darrel...

I appreciate the offer, but the fin type will not demonstrate what I'm trying to
get across. Thanks again.

Jim

Darrel Toepfer

-
Old May 25th 04, 03:20 AM
Bob Olds

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..
Darrel...

I appreciate the offer, but the fin type will not demonstrate what I'm trying to
get across. Thanks again.

Jim

Darrel Toepfer

-
-I have a spare fin type... But I'll want it back at some point, unless
-you want the spare transponder too... ;-)
http://www.rst-engr.com

Jim:
I just emailed you that I have the antenna you need.
Just email me your adderss to mail to mail it to.
Hey: I built one of your 360 nav/comms for our first RV-4 back in the
early 1980's. It was a fun project.

Bob Olds
Charleston,Arkansas
Old May 25th 04, 03:04 PM
Javier Henderson

Jim Weir writes:

I'm starting my Oshkosh forum writing and I need to know if anybody has a spare
commercial transponder antenna -- the kind with a BNC connector on one end and a
little chrome BB on the other end, mounts in a single hole. I had three or four
of them and have given them away over the years to folks that needed one.

Beg, borrow, steal, or buy. Your choice. Happy to reciprocate some day when
YOU need something. I'll be happy to send a SASbox if that is your preference.

Got one you can have next month when you stop by my hangar. I'll even
clean it up some

It came off to make room for the 70cm ham radio antenna... (it was originally
used for a DME that was in the plane, which was removed before I bought it).

-jav
Old May 25th 04, 03:34 PM
Jim Weir

Thanks anyway, Jav. I guess you didn't see yesterday afternoon's post where one
is already on its way from Arkansas. Besides, I really need it before the EAA
Golden West gig the week before our project.

But thanks for the thought.

Jim

Javier Henderson

-
-Got one you can have next month when you stop by my hangar. I'll even
-clean it up some
http://www.rst-engr.com

Fixing the Transponder with Duct Tape and Aluminum Foil Ron Wanttaja Home Built 45 March 14th 04 12:18 AM
comm's RX antenna acepilot Home Built 5 March 3rd 04 05:34 PM
For Jim Weir: Transponder Installation Ron Wanttaja Home Built 11 February 3rd 04 03:26 PM
Wanted: Transponder antenna Grandpa B. Home Built 22 November 28th 03 08:03 AM
transponder check? Russell Duffy Home Built 10 August 14th 03 11:36 PM