141 Schools

Old May 2nd 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default 141 Schools

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
Maxwell wrote:

But surely you would agree to shutting off the fuel while teaching
your "hot dog" approaches. After all, skill level and such.

I really have to jump in here. Do you really think that an
non-stabilized approach is a "hot dog" approach? Or are you just
blowing smoke at Bertie?

No, just laughing a dumb ass because thinks our collective skills as
pilots are going to hell, because fly traffic patterns.

Wel, your language skills are certainly going to hell. And it has
nothing to do with traffic patterns, but how woul dyou know that?

You know **** all.

Bertie

Once again, the poster child for fat fingered, drunken,
dyslexics..............yadda, yadda, yadda

Old May 2nd 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:sAsSj.111778$Ft5.89080
@newsfe15.lga:

Maxwell wrote:

But surely you would agree to shutting off the fuel while teaching
your "hot dog" approaches. After all, skill level and such.

I really have to jump in here. Do you really think that an
non-stabilized approach is a "hot dog" approach? Or are you just
blowing smoke at Bertie?

No, just laughing a dumb ass because thinks our collective skills as
pilots are going to hell, because fly traffic patterns.

Wel, your language skills are certainly going to hell. And it has
nothing to do with traffic patterns, but how woul dyou know that?

You know **** all.

Bertie

Once again, the poster child for fat fingered, drunken,
dyslexics..............yadda, yadda, yadda

Awww, nothin to say fjukkwit?

Bertie
Old May 3rd 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RC_Moonpie

On Thu, 01 May 2008 15:18:13 -0500, Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

No. A 141 school is a flight school that holds an FAA part 141
certificate. Universities may or may not hold 141 certificates. The
main benefit of part 141 is the ability to finance through VA loans.
You can also get an instrument rating without the 50 hours cross
country time. Otherwise, its about the same for students. You cannot
tell if an operation is part 141 without asking or looking them up at
your FSDO.

-Robert, CFII

http://www.leebottom.com/nordo/ARCHIVES/dec2005.htm

You do realize that those same freshly certificated CFIs can train under
Part 61 as well don't you? At least at a Part 141 school they are
supervised by a chief instructor who...

snipped rambling bull****

Do you relly think I was going to read all that crap?
Old May 4th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Buttman wrote in
:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:01:31 -0600, Buttman wrote:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

Do I want my
offspring to be a pilot or do I want them to be a regulation expert
with average skills?

Do you think part 61 schools are immune to all of these problems?
I've got news for you, no one is a "real pilot" by your definition
at 250 hours, no matter whether they came from a part 141 school, or
a part 61 school.

And whats with saying part 141 experts are "regulation experts" yet
know nothing about weather. Are you just making these up?

Think I am going to converse with a Buttman? Pfffffft.

your loss...

Yeah, he's not gonna learn anything, is he?
!

Bwawahwhhahwhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhahhw!

Bertie
Old May 4th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Bertie

Squirt, squirt.

Old May 4th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:8qlTj.701$hJ1.671
@newsfe17.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Bertie

Squirt, squirt.

Awww, you not running away after all?

Bertie
Old May 5th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601Xl Builder

RC_Moonpie wrote:
On Thu, 01 May 2008 15:18:13 -0500, Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

No. A 141 school is a flight school that holds an FAA part 141
certificate. Universities may or may not hold 141 certificates. The
main benefit of part 141 is the ability to finance through VA loans.
You can also get an instrument rating without the 50 hours cross
country time. Otherwise, its about the same for students. You cannot
tell if an operation is part 141 without asking or looking them up at
your FSDO.

-Robert, CFII
http://www.leebottom.com/nordo/ARCHIVES/dec2005.htm

You do realize that those same freshly certificated CFIs can train under
Part 61 as well don't you? At least at a Part 141 school they are
supervised by a chief instructor who...

snipped rambling bull****

Do you relly think I was going to read all that crap?

I assume you are classifying as rambling bull**** the FAR which govern
something you seem to have such a hard-on about, so yes one would hope
that if you were interested enough to come out of the woodwork and bash
something that you would take the couple of minutes to read the
regulation. THe fact that you didn't says a lot about you.
Old May 5th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Eric

RC_Moonpie wrote:
[...]

Also interesting that "all that crap" he snipped was less than 2/3 the number of words as his
original post!

Old May 13th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-04-28 12:53:13 -0700, RC_Moonpie said:

Many of you may not know these places by the phrase "141 school" so I
will give you some great ways to spot them. If the school is a
university flight department, if the name includes the word Academy, or
if their ad says anything that refers to training pilots for an airline
position it is a 141 school and you should carefully consider sending
anyone there. HereÕs your quick evaluation test: Do I want my
offspring to be a pilot or do I want them to be a regulation expert with
average skills? If itÕs the first, you should consider finding
another school.

I think you are confusing "141 schools" with "inexperienced pilots."
Many small flight schools are 141 schools -- many student loan programs
require that the school be part 141.

Frankly, I think it is presumptuous for anyone to come into a group of
pilots and to assume that we do not know what a 141 school is.

You did not make clear what your idea of a 'real' pilot is, either. I
doubt if you have a clear idea what the difference is between part 61
and part 141 syllabi. If you have a problem with the syllabi, let's
hear it. But I don't think you are going to make a lot of headway by
generalizations about "141 schools" or "big schools" or "schools with
beige-colored buildings."

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old May 13th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-05-12 15:11:22 -0700, RC_Moonpie said:

That does? **** off, Psychic.

You talk like that on the radios? Then don't talk like that here.