Paint match for gold colour on LS control circuit

Old May 11th 16, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben Coleman

Default Paint match for gold colour on LS control circuit

Hi all, does anyone know of a good paint match for the gold colour on LS control circuit metal parts? Aerosol preferred!

Thanks Ben
Old May 12th 16, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

European glider paints are often the 'RAL' color scheme. The only US supplier of RAL colors I know is http://artprimo.com/catalog/spray-pa...-c-26_189.html
Old May 12th 16, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Myperfectcolor.com

They can put any color into aerosol cans in fairly small quantities (2 can minimum I believe)

Their utlra flat laquer has held up really well on my glare shield.

Old May 13th 16, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Believe it or not... Rustoleum gold metallic is pretty close.
Old May 13th 16, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben Coleman

On Friday, 13 May 2016 13:23:02 UTC+9:30, Papa3 wrote:
Believe it or not... Rustoleum gold metallic is pretty close.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Cheers Ben
Old May 13th 16, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

We recently needed to duplicate the finish that DG uses on its weldments; it looks like some sort of yellow zinc plating. We took the parts to our local powder coating place, and they came up with pretty much an exact match; they look just like the original DG parts.

Thanks, Bob K.