A&P

Old September 30th 04, 03:21 PM
W P Dixon

Default A&P

Ok Guys and Gals,
I have finally decided to check into what I have put off for about 20
years! Can any of you kind people refer me to a cheap A&P course. I have
seen a couple in the 1000 buck range, I just can not justify that expense as
I won't be using it for employment. I would prefer something in the
Southeast if possible. And have any of you taken the test normally instead
of taking a course? Was it as bad as most say it is? HAHA Thanks,

Pat

Old October 1st 04, 03:10 AM
Hatz Lyman C

I self studyied for the A & P writtens, but that was 30 years ago. I do not
remember what books (course?) I used, but do know it was a major study effort.
If your time is worth anything it may be cheaper to pay the grand and get it
over with.

Lyman
Old October 1st 04, 04:02 AM

I also did the self study.
Have you gotten the signoff from the FSDO?

If you can get the rating course for $1000.00 thats a pretty good deal.

There are three tests at $70.00 each, test/study materials and the
pratical which cost anywhere between $300-600.

I did it strictly on the cheap and spent around $700.00. It probably
would have been easier to have a school behind me during the whole affair.

Dave

Old October 1st 04, 05:02 AM
W P Dixon

Yep,
I have had the general and airframes tickets from the FAA for years ,
just never took the test. Probably need to get new ones, as well as the
Poweplant part of it. What a pain! Looks like there would be an easier way
doesn't it?

Pat

Old October 1st 04, 08:45 PM
Paul Anton

Try the ASA study guide.

http://www.asa2fly.com/

It's cheap, effective and easy.

It does work----

Cheers:

Paul
NC2273H
A&P

Old October 2nd 04, 04:05 AM

The FAA sign off is a forever thing. Once you have shown the experience
needed for the rating you never need to show it again.
It's actually an easy rating to get once you get the signoff.

Nothing near as hard as the instrument rating. That was one of the
hardest tests I've done, including getting a BS in engineering.

Good luck and have fun!
Dave

Old October 2nd 04, 04:25 AM
Colibri

Paul Anton wrote:
Try the ASA study guide.

http://www.asa2fly.com/

It's cheap, effective and easy.

It does work----

Cheers:

Paul
NC2273H
A&P

My A&P school used to use the ASA books, they're great!

Then the school made a deal and switched to Jeppesen... junk! My Jeppesen
books are vague, missing lots of info that the ASA books include. They're
full of errors and contradictions. I've tried to take very good care of
them, and still the bindings come apart and pages are falling out.
Old October 2nd 04, 05:16 AM
W P Dixon

i think I still have a few of the ASA books around somewhere..yeah yeah what
can I say I have put this off for many many years! HAHAHA I hate tests! HA

Pat