Lightspeed Comes Through!

Old August 16th 03, 03:47 PM
Peter R.

Does the headset automatically activate the cell phone interface if a call
is made or received?

The cell phone interface is active immediately upon plugging the
interface cable into both the phone and the headset battery pack. In
other words, you are able to hear the phone number tones when you are
dialing, as well as when the cell phone is sending or receiving a call.

If so, does it automatically mute the cell phone audio
if the aircraft audio is active?

No, the cell phone audio is always active, regardless of reception or
transmission over the com radios. Only the music audio has the mute
feature, but this can be disabled by pressing and holding one of the
buttons on the battery pack (I forgot which as I do not use the music
input feature of the headsets).

--
Peter

Old August 16th 03, 11:46 PM
Aloft

I'm sure the Mrs. will love her new headset! What're *you* gonna use? :-)

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Well, they arrived today -- a brand-spanking new pair of LightSpeed 20

3Gs.

In the box was a note from Allan, stating: "This headset is given freely
for your use and enjoyment. May the accumulated improvements we've made
provide you with years of trouble-free flying! :-) "

Old August 17th 03, 03:48 AM
Jay Honeck

I'm sure the Mrs. will love her new headset! What're *you* gonna use? :-)

Actually, they now become the "Left Seat" set -- which means we'll each wear
them 50% of the time...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 17th 03, 03:49 AM
Jay Honeck

[crooning]
...Oh, it's sad to belong to someone else, when the right one comes along.

Big evil Grin

*groan*

That song SUCKS!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 17th 03, 01:29 PM
Gary L. Drescher

As a result of your testimonial (and others' comments in reply), I'm
seriously considering getting a Lightspeed headset now. Probably others
here are too. I think Lightspeed made an excellent investment by sending
you a free headset!

--Gary

Old August 17th 03, 02:25 PM
Jay Honeck

As a result of your testimonial (and others' comments in reply), I'm
seriously considering getting a Lightspeed headset now. Probably others
here are too. I think Lightspeed made an excellent investment by sending
you a free headset!

I agree.

Let's just hope they actually solved the design problems in THIS model. I
will be posting results over time, and I'm rooting for them!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 17th 03, 06:54 PM
Wizard of Draws

Jay Honeck wrote:

Let's just hope they actually solved the design problems in THIS model. I
will be posting results over time, and I'm rooting for them!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

No fair treating them with kid gloves.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

"Cartoons with a Touch of Magic"
http://www.wizardofdraws.com
http://www.cartoonclipart.com

Arnold for Governor!
http://www.wizardofdraws.com/store/terminator.html
Old August 17th 03, 07:48 PM
Thomas Borchert

Gary,

I think Lightspeed made an excellent investment by sending
you a free headset!

that's the magic of marketing ;-)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 17th 03, 08:48 PM
Thomas Borchert

Wizard,

fair treating them with kid gloves.

Uhm, I treat ANYTHING I paid 500 bucks for with kids gloves - but maybe
you rich guys are different.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 17th 03, 09:49 PM
Wizard of Draws

Thomas Borchert wrote:

Wizard,

fair treating them with kid gloves.

Uhm, I treat ANYTHING I paid 500 bucks for with kids gloves - but maybe
you rich guys are different.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Thomas,
I believe Jay said these were free, as a marketing ploy and in exchange
for his demonstrated loyalty to the brand.

And...
I draw cartoons for a number of reasons, and one of them is because I do
not have a lot of money. Oh, I admit that people are willing to pay me
for a few doodles now and then, but only just enough to keep my aviation
appetite satiated.

I am lucky enough to be rich in many other ways: a loving and wonderful
wife who tolerates my eccentricities, two wonderful children who
aggravate me as often as they can but still make me proud, I'm
reasonably healthy and happy, I have a talent that many envy, and last
but not least, I can fly.

Wealthy yes, but it isn't the kind you find in any bank.