Sold out by IFR

Old February 2nd 04, 09:49 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
nk.net...
Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt

You could not have named two that did more to let the "cat outta

the
bag".
Well, no, they weren't puppets, but they sure liked to pull the

strings.

It's a quetion who money was worse, J. Davis' Confederate money,

or
Lincoln's "Greenbacks". Lincoln started us on the road to the
overarching
state, and Teddy gave us the start (and a goodly trip down the

road)
the
Military-Industrial Complex.

And a segregated military.

The military was segregated long before Teddy's time.

Nope.

A segregated military was TR's response to Blacks refusing to do a human
wave attack on Spanish machine guns in Cuba.

You might want to check the records during the Mexican War, the Indian

Wars,
the War of Northern Aggression...

Tarvers, Black and White, are the enforcers of the Thirteenth Amendment.

Segregation of the US military was a product of Secretary of War Roosevelt.

Old February 2nd 04, 10:02 PM
C J Campbell

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

| "Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
| ink.net...
|
| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
|
| "Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
| k.net...
| | I used to subscribe to IFR until I realized that they offered a much
| better
| | rate to new subscribers than to existing ones. After realizing
this,
| my
| | four year old decided to subscribe :-). Today he recieved a
| solicitation
| | from another aviation magazine. Obviously they sold his (and my)
name
| and
| | address. I always check the little box indicating that I don't want
| my
| | information shared and I don't want to recieve any offers. I will
| never
| | subscribe to any Belvoire publication again.
|
| Many magazines offer discounts to attract first time subscribers, just
| as
| landlords offer discounts on the first six months lease, restaurants
| offer
| two for one specials, etc. It is not an attempt to cheat you.
|
| In sending your son an ad for another magazine, they were no more
| dishonest
| than you representing yourself as your own son. I figure you're about
| even.
| Maybe they should send you a letter saying they never want you as a
| customer
| again. :-)
|

| To be clear, I didn't represent myself as my son.
|
| You couldn't! In that case, you couldn't reach the rudder pedals.

Nah, we'll just give him a cushion. From now on, he is Mike Rapoport "The
Small." :-)

Old February 2nd 04, 10:31 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message
Nope.

A segregated military was TR's response to Blacks refusing to do a

human
wave attack on Spanish machine guns in Cuba.

You might want to check the records during the Mexican War, the Indian

Wars,
the War of Northern Aggression...

Tarvers, Black and White, are the enforcers of the Thirteenth Amendment.

Segregation of the US military was a product of Secretary of War

Roosevelt.

Refresh my memory - When was TR Secretary of War? I remember that FDR was
Secretary of the Navy.

Old February 2nd 04, 10:37 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message
Nope.

A segregated military was TR's response to Blacks refusing to do a

human
wave attack on Spanish machine guns in Cuba.

You might want to check the records during the Mexican War, the Indian

Wars,
the War of Northern Aggression...

Tarvers, Black and White, are the enforcers of the Thirteenth Amendment.

Segregation of the US military was a product of Secretary of War

Roosevelt.

Refresh my memory - When was TR Secretary of War? I remember that FDR was
Secretary of the Navy.

1898.

Rosenfeldt is no relation to Roosevelt, the name change was a ploitical
decision.

Old February 2nd 04, 10:44 PM
Gig Giacona

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...
Actually ending our dependence on foriegn oil would be pretty easy but
people don't want to do it. In round figures:

We import about a third of our Petroleum
Two thirds of petroleum is used for transportation

It is possible to cut transportation use in half through a combination

of
fuel efficiency and more efficient trip planning.

The reason we don't is that the costs are horrendous. As for trip planning
and fuel efficiency, I'd like to see how Soccer Mom's® driving SUV's and
mini-vans are going to improve their trip planning.

Ha....... I have no doubt that the mileage driven by Soccer Moms could be
reduced by 35% or more with a little planning. This is an argument that is
had often around the old homestead and whenever it comes up I ask why it
took 2 hours for what was clearly a 1 hour bunch of stops I can show my wife
how it could have easily be done in a more efficient manner.

Gig Giacona

Old February 2nd 04, 10:47 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

[...]

And she said, "so what"?

Old February 2nd 04, 10:57 PM
Gig Giacona

[...]

Actually it usually ends the argument because when what starts the argument
is her saying she didn't have time to do something or other. I show her
where the time went and Poof. I'm off the hook for whatever and I go back to
working on the plane.

Old February 2nd 04, 11:52 PM
Tom Sixkiller

[...]

Well, we can FORCE them, ya know.

Old February 2nd 04, 11:54 PM
Tom Sixkiller

[...]

If it works, let me know -- I've been try for nearly 25 years to get my wife
to combine trips.