Why are people ignoring the ADS-B Out NPRM?

Old December 11th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Default Why are people ignoring the ADS-B Out NPRM?

Official link: http://tinyurl.com/2raefd

My analysis: http://tinyurl.com/2wem8j

This NPRM will mandate aircraft avionics that in my opinion offers
little to no benefit to the GA pilot, no safety improvement, may help
the airlines (not proven) and may only help the FAA save money.

And for all this each GA aircraft will incur a huge cost (impossible
to accurately quanitify but possibly in the $9000 - $17000 range).

Read my analysis then the NPRM and submit your comments.

Ron Lee

Old December 11th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Lee" wrote in message

Official link: http://tinyurl.com/2raefd

My analysis: http://tinyurl.com/2wem8j

This NPRM will mandate aircraft avionics that in my opinion offers
little to no benefit to the GA pilot, no safety improvement, may help
the airlines (not proven) and may only help the FAA save money.

And for all this each GA aircraft will incur a huge cost (impossible
to accurately quanitify but possibly in the $9000 - $17000 range).

Read my analysis then the NPRM and submit your comments.

How do you know people are ignoring it?

Old December 11th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:39:42 -0600, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Ron Lee" wrote in message

Official link: http://tinyurl.com/2raefd

My analysis: http://tinyurl.com/2wem8j

This NPRM will mandate aircraft avionics that in my opinion offers
little to no benefit to the GA pilot, no safety improvement, may help
the airlines (not proven) and may only help the FAA save money.

And for all this each GA aircraft will incur a huge cost (impossible
to accurately quanitify but possibly in the $9000 - $17000 range).

Read my analysis then the NPRM and submit your comments.

How do you know people are ignoring it?

Presumably due to the dearth of comments that have been submitted.
Have you visited the docket comment web site?
Old December 11th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Presumably due to the dearth of comments that have been submitted.

Why do you presume to speak for others?

Have you visited the docket comment web site?

No.

Old December 11th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Presumably due to the dearth of comments that have been submitted.

Why do you presume to speak for others?

Have you visited the docket comment web site?

No.

Larry got it. Visit the comments section and it is distressingly void
of comments compared to the rule about electronic filing of info
before re-entering the USA.

Ron Lee
Old December 11th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Ron Lee wrote:
Presumably due to the dearth of comments that have been submitted.

Why do you presume to speak for others?

Have you visited the docket comment web site?

No.

Larry got it. Visit the comments section and it is distressingly void
of comments compared to the rule about electronic filing of info
before re-entering the USA.

Ron Lee

Which is kind of strange because the ADS-B requirements are going to effect
a lot pilots than the trans-national reporting requirements.

Old December 11th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Newps wrote:

And for all this each GA aircraft will incur a huge cost (impossible
to accurately quanitify but possibly in the $9000 - $17000 range).

More likely a much smaller cost.

wanna bet?

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old December 11th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Ron Lee wrote:
Official link: http://tinyurl.com/2raefd

My analysis: http://tinyurl.com/2wem8j

This NPRM will mandate aircraft avionics that in my opinion offers
little to no benefit to the GA pilot, no safety improvement, may help
the airlines (not proven) and may only help the FAA save money.

Perhaps people disagree with you.

Old December 11th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Dec 11, 9:59 am, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net
wrote:

Which is kind of strange because the ADS-B requirements are going to effect
a lot pilots than the trans-national reporting requirements.

But the ADS-B requirement is achievable, it is possible to put this
type of equipment on your aircraft (I would even look forward to it),
but the border crossing requirements aren't possible to meet (unless
Mexico all of the sudden becomes a 1st world nation with telephone
systems).

-Robert

Old December 11th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

This NPRM will mandate aircraft avionics that in my opinion offers
little to no benefit to the GA pilot, no safety improvement, may help
the airlines (not proven) and may only help the FAA save money.

Perhaps people disagree with you.

More likely people don't want to read the NPRM and are unaware of the
onerous cost for no benefit.

And for all this each GA aircraft will incur a huge cost (impossible
to accurately quantify but possibly in the $9000 - $17000 range).

More likely a much smaller cost.

The current Garmin unit is in the $8000-9000 range installed and may
or may not meet the requirements of the NPRM. The FAA projected cost
is around $17,000.

Personally I have no desire to pay even $1000 for something that
offers no benefit to me and for an operational concept that is flawed
and should assume Mode C transponders for GA aircraft.

Ron Lee

"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Laonork Owning 8 May 21st 12 05:56 AM
FAA ADS-B Out NPRM needs your input Ron Lee[_2_] Piloting 24 November 27th 07 04:06 AM
DC ADIZ NPRM Blueskies Piloting 3 August 17th 05 04:22 PM
"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Flyingmonk Piloting 11 May 17th 05 10:26 AM
Ignoring the Challenger? robert arndt Military Aviation 0 July 1st 03 10:24 AM