FAA LPV/LNAV Status Page

Old December 12th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_4_]

Default FAA LPV/LNAV Status Page

Haven't seen this posted yet and not hits on Google (sorry for the repost if
I missed it).

For those wondering where their nearest WAAS approach procedure is:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...hes/index.cfm#

Marco

Old December 12th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Marco Leon wrote:
Haven't seen this posted yet and not hits on Google (sorry for the
repost if I missed it).

For those wondering where their nearest WAAS approach procedure is:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...hes/index.cfm#

Marco

Go ELD! My little home airport has a WAAS approach. Yet when the VORTAC is
inop the airline (MESA) still just heads on to DFW or JBR. It doesn't even
matter if there is not a cloud in the sky.

Old December 13th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr, rec.aviation.piloting
Brad[_1_]

On Dec 12, 11:02 am, "Marco Leon"
wrote:
Haven't seen this posted yet and not hits on Google (sorry for the repost if
I missed it).

For those wondering where their nearest WAAS approach procedure is:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...s/ato/service_...

Marco

Also, check out this search tool to determine if your airport is on
the list to have one developed in the next couple years.
Old December 13th 07, 07:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr, rec.aviation.piloting
Brad[_1_]

....oops, the link: http://avnweb.jccbi.gov/schedule/production
Old December 14th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
J.Kahn

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Marco Leon wrote:
Haven't seen this posted yet and not hits on Google (sorry for the
repost if I missed it).

For those wondering where their nearest WAAS approach procedure is:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...hes/index.cfm#

Marco

Go ELD! My little home airport has a WAAS approach. Yet when the VORTAC is
inop the airline (MESA) still just heads on to DFW or JBR. It doesn't even
matter if there is not a cloud in the sky.

If they are MESA RJs and they're older, they may not have GPS as part of
their FMS (I work for the manufacturer). The airline's flight
operations SOP, which the pilots must follow, could require them to fly
a published instrument approach even if it is severe clear VFR.

John
Old December 14th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig601XLBuilder

J.Kahn wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Marco Leon wrote:
Haven't seen this posted yet and not hits on Google (sorry for the
repost if I missed it).

For those wondering where their nearest WAAS approach procedure is:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...hes/index.cfm#

Marco

Go ELD! My little home airport has a WAAS approach. Yet when the
VORTAC is inop the airline (MESA) still just heads on to DFW or JBR.
It doesn't even matter if there is not a cloud in the sky.

If they are MESA RJs and they're older, they may not have GPS as part of
their FMS (I work for the manufacturer). The airline's flight
operations SOP, which the pilots must follow, could require them to fly
a published instrument approach even if it is severe clear VFR.

John

Worse it is their B1900s. And I understand why they have to do it but
that doesn't help much when you are trying to recruit somebody into an
small town and he or she starts feeling like if they move here they
won't be able to get out.