How do they do that?

Old February 15th 04, 11:01 AM
Janusz Kesik

U=BFytkownik Martin Gregorie w wiadomooci =
do grup dyskusyjnych =
om...
Does anybody have any idea how high the dunes on the German Baltic
coast are? I ask because I know that the likes of Grunau Babys were
soaring them during the 30s and war years.

In the western part of the Polish Baltic coast (the part adjacent to the =
German border, in the years You ask about this area used to be German) =
the dunes can reach 50m, but in most cases they're lower. Now, there are =
some paragliding / hanggliding sites on the coast, but most of them are =
more to the east, near Gdynia and Gdansk where the dunes reach some 30m. =
I believe the glider could fly there too, but I don't know if there's =
enough space for safe landing.

Regards,

--=20
Janusz Kesik