The Long Ride Home

Old December 19th 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Johan Larson

Default The Long Ride Home

This story about George Moffat at the nationals in his Austria SH-1 is from
Sports Illustrated, August 1, 1966.

http://home.comcast.net/~johan.larso...ride-home.html

Thanks to David Stevenson for letting me use his copy of the magazine. The
magazine also contains a photo-essay about soaring, but the pictures aren't
quite ready yet.

Johan Larson
Old December 19th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

"Yerington, a mining town known as Pizen Switch when the Comstock Lode
was young, was 111 road miles away, halfway to the Hawthorne turnpoint
by air. Boehm drove out of the air base and turned south on open
highway. "What's the speed limit in this state?" he asked. "Reasonable
and proper," said Suzanne. "Just shave and look respectable, and you
can drive any speed you want."

Ha, what a great line!

Really a nice article too.

Old August 9th 11, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rob Brown

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 at 00:53 -0600, Johan Larson wrote:

This story about George Moffat at the nationals in his Austria SH-1
is from Sports Illustrated, August 1, 1966.

http://home.comcast.net/~johan.larso...ride-home.html

I have been reading these old posts and I am eager to see Johan's
collection. But it seems that comcast has disappeared in the last 5
years. I did find it on the wayback machine, but does Johan's
collection have a new home?

--

Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (780)438-9343 (voice)

Old August 9th 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
M C

At 18:42 09 August 2011, Rob Brown wrote:

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 at 00:53 -0600, Johan Larson wrote:

This story about George Moffat at the nationals in his Austria SH-1
is from Sports Illustrated, August 1, 1966.

http://home.comcast.net/~johan.larso...ride-home.html

I have been reading these old posts and I am eager to see Johan's
collection. But it seems that comcast has disappeared in the last 5
years. I did find it on the wayback machine, but does Johan's
collection have a new home?

--

Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (780)438-9343 (voice)
Edmonton (780)437-3367 (FAX)
http://gmcl.com/

Enjoy!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...8837/index.htm

Old August 9th 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
M C

At 18:42 09 August 2011, Rob Brown wrote:

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 at 00:53 -0600, Johan Larson wrote:

This story about George Moffat at the nationals in his Austria SH-1
is from Sports Illustrated, August 1, 1966.

http://home.comcast.net/~johan.larso...ride-home.html

I have been reading these old posts and I am eager to see Johan's
collection. But it seems that comcast has disappeared in the last 5
years. I did find it on the wayback machine, but does Johan's
collection have a new home?

--

Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (780)438-9343 (voice)
Edmonton (780)437-3367 (FAX)
http://gmcl.com/

Enjoy!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...8837/index.htm

AOPA Expo, meeting JayB, getting stuck in Lancaster on the way home,fulfilling the commercial certificate long solo x-c...long Jack Allison Piloting 6 November 19th 06 02:31 AM
SWRFI Pirep.. (long) Dave S Piloting 19 May 21st 04 03:02 PM
[Media] A Marine's journey home Michael Wise Naval Aviation 0 May 3rd 04 04:57 AM
Home Inspection Listings Patrick Glenn Home Built 4 April 26th 04 11:52 AM
making the transition from renter to owner part 2 (long) Journeyman Piloting 2 April 15th 04 10:19 PM