Has anyone seen this IMAX movie?

Old February 19th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Has anyone seen this IMAX movie?

("Flyingmonk" wrote)
Also saw Stealth, two thumbs up for excitement.

Someone else mentioned "Stealth" being better than average.

Montblack
Old February 21st 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Stella Starr wrote:

Two thumbs up for "World's Fastest Indian" since we've wandered a teensy
bit off topic. Nicely done movie, great old period scenes and vehicles,
and Anthony Hopkins plays...Highflyer.

Richard Lamb wrote:

My Stars, Stella, haven't seen you around in quite a while.

We went to see "World's Fastest Indian" yesterday and give it an enthusiastic
all-four thumbs up!

And you are right.
Anthony Hopkins did an excellent portrayal of HF!
Thanks for the recommendation.

I really liked "Second Hand Lions", too (as above).
Any movie that starts with a Stearman flying UNDER an overpass can't be
all bad. (According to the "making of" on the back side of the DVD, this
scene was shot "real" (not on a green screen).

Lastly, my date had asked if we could go see "Broke Dick Mountain" because
her "friends" were so impressed with it.
This is the first time I've ever denied her a movie request.
Almost expected some flack from that, but it actually turned out the opposite.

Ya votes wit' yer dollars, folks...

Richard
Old February 22nd 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Big chicken. :-)
I hear tell it's considered a "date movie" as all the romantical stuff
gets us wimmen feelin' tender...

Old February 22nd 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:00:04 -0500, Margy wrote:

Flyingmonk wrote:
Monty wrote:

I missed the Walking on the Moon IMAX film earlier this winter.
http://www.imax.com/magnificentdesolation/

The last one I saw was "The Dream is Alive"

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Saw that eon on a field trip to SS, in DC with my daughter's thrid
grade class. I chaparoned, again.

The Monk

Yeah, the Dad's always show up when the field trip is to Air and Space!
The new IMAX "Roving Mars" is also very good. As a teacher I think
"Fighter Pilot" is great because it's about team work rather than being
bigger and better than the rest.

Margy

Old February 22nd 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Stella Starr wrote:
Big chicken. :-)
I hear tell it's considered a "date movie" as all the romantical stuff
gets us wimmen feelin' tender...

By modern standards, perhaps so (sadly).

But the age old idea of something hot and throbbing between the legs
works just as well - maybe even better?

MOTORCYCLE, gang, motorcycle!

Ta ta, dear,

Richard

Old February 22nd 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

The difference between a Harley and a Hoover, the location
of the dirt bag.

BTW, I ride, first bike I rode was a Harley.

ink.net...

Old February 24th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"Stella Starr" wrote in message
Two thumbs up for "World's Fastest Indian" since we've wandered a teensy
bit off topic. Nicely done movie, great old period scenes and vehicles,
and Anthony Hopkins plays...Highflyer.

My goodness! And Kerasotes Theatres just sent Mary and I an email letting
us know that our 5 buck movie card is good this week to see "World's Fastest
Indian" and Mary just mentioned to me earlier this evening that she would
like to go see it next week! Thanks for the recommendation! :-)

Highflyer
Highflight Aviation Services
Pinckneyville Airport ( PJY )

The movie: Always Bob Chilcoat Piloting 10 January 29th 06 07:32 PM
FS: 1995 "Apollo 13 The Movie Storybook" out-of-print Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 January 1st 06 10:22 AM
IMAX Red Flag movie Hap Piloting 2 November 28th 04 06:14 PM
Movie release on DVD C J Campbell Piloting 3 March 21st 04 03:32 PM