PW6 front seat spoiler guiding rod

Old September 8th 15, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Segelflieger

Default PW6 front seat spoiler guiding rod

Has anyone in the soaring world experienced a PW6 spoiler's guiding rod detaching from the fuselage wall in the front seat?

Is anyone still representing these gliders in the US?

Do they manufacture them still?

There are some ADs on PW5/6 rod attachments, what else?

Why can't I find any recent info about PW6 on line?

What it the story?

Thanks,
Not-a-lawer
Old September 8th 15, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=north+american+dealer+PW6+

Old September 10th 15, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Segelflieger

How many PW6s are still flying?
obviously not many!

Old September 11th 15, 09:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You've already tried contacting:

http://szdjezow.com.pl/

right?
Old September 11th 15, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

http://windpath.ca/ will sell you a new PW-6 in North America. Jerzy provides excellent customer support.
Old September 11th 15, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Miroslaw Pitorak

At 12:35 11 September 2015, son_of_flubber wrote:
http://windpath.ca/ will sell you a new PW-6 in North America. Jerzy
provides excellent customer support.

There are at least three PW-6 flying in UK. So far, I haven't heard about
any airbrakes' rod detachment. More known problem is elevator's bracket -
there is AD about it and ZS Jezow is providing parts and repair manual free
of charge.
Under EASA rules in Europe only correct way is to contact ZS Jezow as a
manufacturer (www.szdjezow.com.pl). Don't know if there will be a
difference under FAA rule.

Don't give up after first e-mail - they are sometimes slow with respond.

Regards,
Mirek P.

Old September 11th 15, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 1:02:45 AM UTC+3, Segelflieger wrote:
How many PW6s are still flying?
obviously not many!

Last I heard, the clubs at Auckland and Taupo both have a PW6.
Old September 12th 15, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hirst

Last I heard, the clubs at Auckland and Taupo both have a PW6.

Taupo replaced theirs (after it crashed) with an ASK21. Piako and Auckland have PW6s. Sailplane Services (http://www.sailplanenz.com) have been maintaining both for years. Good trainers but not comfortable for instructors with long legs.

DH

LS-6b Spoiler Issues Stu Soaring 2 April 1st 13 05:54 PM
L-23 Front Seat Adjuster Pictures? JohnDeRosa Soaring 0 June 30th 12 08:10 PM
Spoiler Signal [email protected] Soaring 14 August 2nd 11 08:22 PM
using less spoiler just before the flare??? Gary Emerson Soaring 16 October 29th 07 02:08 PM
Landing with one spoiler [email protected] Soaring 82 October 7th 05 12:58 AM