Soaring in Invermere, BC

Old September 7th 15, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Soaring in Invermere, BC

Very nicely done!

Can I simply bring a glider registered as "Experimental, Exhibition and
Racing" in the USA to Invermere?

On 9/5/2015 5:19 PM, wrote:
Enjoy some sights of the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

https://vimeo.com/138368221

Old September 7th 15, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Experimental gliders need a foreign validation. I hear it is pretty quick and easy.

Some old instructions:

Recommended procedure
The following instructions were given by Mike Skoszen at the Transport Canada office in Hamilton, ON.

Call 1-877-250-4888
Pay $100 for "Foreign validation" code 9K09
Get receipt # when paying

Email a copy of cert of registration and cert of airworthiness with the
receipt # to Mike

Mike's contact info;
Tel: 1-905-679-1360
e-mail:

Offlicial procedure as specified by TC
The procedure to fly your "Experimental" glider in Canada is now called a "Validation of Foreign Flight Authority".
Please scan your Certificate of Registration and special Certificate of Airworthiness with the Letter stating the Operating Limitations.
The documents should be in PDF format and the request should be sent to the following e-mail address:

Send the message requesting permission to fly your American registered glider licensed in the "Experimental" category at the Canadian National Gliding Championships to be held at Rockton , Ontario .

Use the dates from June 25th to July 10th including the practice days and weekend before and after the contest.
There is a fee of CAD $ 100 and you should be able to pay this with Visa or MC.

The specifics are available on the Transport Canada website at:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviatio...374.htm#507_05

Old September 7th 15, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks for the information but it's a bit too far for me to tow my
trailer - 3,000 mile round trip plus 4 long days of driving.

On 9/7/2015 11:46 AM, wrote:
Experimental gliders need a foreign validation. I hear it is pretty quick and easy.

Some old instructions:Th

Old September 12th 15, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On 9/5/2015 5:19 PM, wrote:
Enjoy some sights of the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

https://vimeo.com/138368221

Be careful when applying. A friend applied and they asked him what his purpose (mission) was. He replied "fun flying" and they responded that this doesn't fit into the Experimental and Exhibition category (flying in a contest or at an exhibition i.e. airshow). He was denied on the grounds that he didn't meet the airworthiness restrictions. I never applied for this paperwork and wasn't ever questioned (falls into the category of "don't ask for permission but seek forgiveness - if caught [hell, it worked for the Clintons for years!]}.

Old September 12th 15, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 9:15:25 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:

I never applied for this paperwork and wasn't ever questioned (falls into the category of "don't ask for permission but seek forgiveness - if caught [hell, it worked for the Clintons for years!]}.

Very poor advice, can get your glider seized. Follow the rules and get all the required paperwork.
Old September 12th 15, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 11:06:45 PM UTC-6, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 9:15:25 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:

I never applied for this paperwork and wasn't ever questioned (falls into the category of "don't ask for permission but seek forgiveness - if caught [hell, it worked for the Clintons for years!]}.

Very poor advice, can get your glider seized. Follow the rules and get all the required paperwork.

The OLC is a contest. It is right in the name so no one can deny that.
Old September 12th 15, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

Flying in training for contest or airshow also meets the requirement of the certificate.
BillT
Old September 12th 15, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

My Program Letter specifies "within the Continental United States".
Perhaps I should add Canada should I decide to go further afield.

--
Dan, 5J

Old September 13th 15, 04:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 10:06:45 PM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 9:15:25 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:

I never applied for this paperwork and wasn't ever questioned (falls into the category of "don't ask for permission but seek forgiveness - if caught [hell, it worked for the Clintons for years!]}.

Very poor advice, can get your glider seized. Follow the rules and get all the required paperwork.

HIGHLY UNLIKELY - my glider was type certified in Germany, but imported to the US as experimental. Transport Canada is looking for homebuilts.