l'Hotellier on EB28

Old January 26th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default l'Hotellier on EB28

The first edition of the new magazine, "Gliding International" has an
article on the 2 seat self-launch super glider, the EB28. I would
have thought that a glider of this class would have automatic hookups,
but it uses l'Hotellier connections.

Do other current design open class ships use automatic connections?
eta
Duo-Discus X
Nimbus 4
ASH-25
ASH-31 (isn't that the next big two seater from Poppenhausen?)
Antares
DG-1000

For a price of 'only' Euro 212,000 plus VAT, I would have expected
auto connections.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old January 26th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jan 26, 2:29 pm, rlovinggood wrote:
The first edition of the new magazine, "Gliding International" has an
article on the 2 seat self-launch super glider, the EB28. I would
have thought that a glider of this class would have automatic hookups,
but it uses l'Hotellier connections.

Do other current design open class ships use automatic connections?
eta
Duo-Discus X
Nimbus 4
ASH-25
ASH-31 (isn't that the next big two seater from Poppenhausen?)
Antares
DG-1000

For a price of 'only' Euro 212,000 plus VAT, I would have expected
auto connections.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Antares 18T has all automatic connections. Antares 20E has all
automatic connections except for the two plugs that connect the
batteries in the wings to the fuselage. You're not going anywhere
if you forget those ;-)

Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"
Old January 27th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jan 26, 12:29�pm, rlovinggood wrote:
The first edition of the new magazine, "Gliding International" has an
article on the 2 seat self-launch super glider, the EB28. �I would
have thought that a glider of this class would have automatic hookups,
but it uses l'Hotellier connections.

Ray, I believe the EB 28 is a derivitive of the ASH-25. Perhaps the
ASH-25 was designed berfore
automatic hook ups became popular.

Robert Mudd
Moriarty, New Mexico
Old January 27th 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Depends which EB28 you are discussing.

The original EB28s used a ASH25 fuselage and inner wing panel, with
modifications to the outer wings and to add a Binder self launch powerplant.

Latest version uses an Eta fuselage and the wing evolution has also apparently
continued although I don't know the details.

Presumably the connection types depend on the version of fuselage you have,
with the wing stub ends being made accordingly?

Old January 27th 08, 08:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

On Jan 27, 12:14Â*am, "
wrote:
On Jan 26, 12:29�pm, rlovinggood wrote:

The first edition of the new magazine, "Gliding International" has an
article on the 2 seat self-launch super glider, the EB28. �I would
have thought that a glider of this class would have automatic hookups,
but it uses l'Hotellier connections.

Ray, I believe the EB 28 is a derivitive of the ASH-25. Perhaps the
ASH-25 was designed berfore
automatic hook ups became popular.

The ASH25 I helped rig a couple of times had hotelliers, not automatic
connections, for the wings. I don't know about the tailplane - I'm
not tall enough to reach. It also had non-automatic connections
between the outer and inner wing panels.

Old January 27th 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Erik Braun

rlovinggood wrote:

Do other current design open class ships use automatic connections?
eta

I don't know about this one.

Duo-Discus X

The Duo X, XL and earlier versions all have automatic Hänle connections.

Nimbus 4

At least the single seater version uses Hotellier hookups.

ASH-25

Also no automatic hookups, but Hotellier.

ASH-31 (isn't that the next big two seater from Poppenhausen?)

You mean the ASH-30, which will have automatic Hänle connections on the
inner wing. It seems to be difficult to build them into the outer wing,
though.
http://www.alexander-schleicher.de/p...ash30_main.htm

Antares

has automatic Hänle connections.

DG-1000

uses automatic connections, too, but of a different kind. It's a torsion
linkage, to which I can't find any pictures at the moment. DG has used them
for some time, though. I think, the DG-500 has the same ones built in.

Erik Braun,
Akaflieg Karlsruhe,
South-West Germany.

Stolen EB28 - please help catch the thieves David Starer Soaring 0 December 20th 07 06:37 PM
EB28 Electronic Turbulators phil collin Soaring 3 August 5th 06 08:47 PM
Hints on Securing L'Hotellier with Wedekind Sleeves ContestID67 Soaring 0 December 1st 05 08:29 PM
L'Hotellier [email protected] Soaring 5 September 9th 05 04:21 PM
wanted L'Hotellier ball fitting assembly Udo Rumpf Soaring 3 January 7th 05 03:05 AM