Replace (Fix) ADF?

Old October 27th 03, 02:46 PM
Paul Sengupta

Is RDS on FM not available out there? Here in the UK,
if you're listenning to one of the national FM stations and
have an RDS radio (virtually all car radios have RDS)it will
tune to the next transmitter as its signal exceeds that of the
previous one you were tuned to.

http://www.rds.org.uk/rds98/whatisrds.htm

DAB (digital audio broadcasting) will also do that, though
the receivers aren't that common at the moment.

http://www.drdb.org/

Paul

"CriticalMass" wrote in message
If you need a solution to the loss of capability to listen to AM radio, I
just read an interesting article on AvWeb about satellite radio, which
eliminates the need to keep tuning new stations on the ADF when you fly

out
of range of the stations.

Old October 27th 03, 02:52 PM
Paul Sengupta

It's in the Long Wave band, standard broadcast band here
in Europe. 153-279KHz. You could get a £5 pocket radio...

Paul

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
But I've not seen a garden-variety AM receiver that would tune to 260. If
you know of one, please let me know. The one's I've seen don't go much
below the AM broadcast band.

Old November 3rd 03, 03:30 PM
CriticalMass

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Bob wrote:

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:23:50 -0500, "CriticalMass"
wrote:

I noticed the price of a new Garmin 155XL IFR-certified GPS is now down

just over $2,000.

not even close......

http://www.pacific-coast-avionics.co...il.asp?id=4456

That's the installed price of a new unit and is typical. A search in Yahoo

turns
up prices of about $3,000 for a new unit uninstalled (yes, Garmin's policy

is
to only sell installed units). Several outfits are also selling

reconditioned
units for $2,000 to $2,300.

Perhaps CriticalMass saw one of those ads.

That's the explanation, George. I saw that ad somewhere recently and missed
the "factory reconditioned" fine print.

Thanks.