IMPORTANT- Seeyou V's Strepla and airspace violations.

Old September 10th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Dickson

Default IMPORTANT- Seeyou V's Strepla and airspace violations.

I can't believe I'm reading this. This is one one
of the most embarrassing things I've read on a gliding
forum. Al, you're a disgrace.

At 17:42 10 September 2006, wrote:
OK in order to sort a dispute that is running between
Ramy and myself.

I have Strepla which shows minor airspace and altitude
violations which
Seeyou does not.

FYI. Ramy's Logger Calibration report shows a +169ft
error at 18000ft.

The flight in question is this one here .
http://tinyurl.com/fe2k8

I ask users of both software to look at this flight
and report their
findings.

If this exercise highlights a bug in Strepla I owe
Ramy an apology.

Thanks

Al

Old September 11th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This boils down to software.

One shows violations the other doesn't.

You have Seeyou or Strepla?
If not don't comment!!

Old September 11th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

No, you can't blame the software. You are the operator, you control the
input and receive the output, and you have to check the results. This
goes for any software, whether its SeeYou, StrePla, Quicken, Excel,
Word, or whatever.

Old September 11th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Doug you are wrong here.

I use the software in good faith assuming there are no bugs or plotting
errors.
I use the "official files from the world wide turnpoint exchange.

The question here is where is the error in Strepla or Seeyou.

Do you manually check every spreadsheet you make in Excel or manually
check the kerning on a Word document?

No you dont!!

Now what flight analysis software to you use?

Old September 11th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Doug Haluza wrote:
No, you can't blame the software. You are the operator, you control the
input and receive the output, and you have to check the results. This
goes for any software, whether its SeeYou, StrePla, Quicken, Excel,
Word, or whatever.

I have to agree with Al on this one, I'm afraid. What is the SSA
"official" source of SUA data and "official" software that will be used
for detecting possible violations? Without that information, there is
no way for anyone to be certain that they have either the correct input
or output...

Marc
Old September 11th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

588 wrote:
Ramy wrote:
And while awaiting for Al's appology, I decided to no longer post my
flights to olc. I am sure I am not going to be the only one with this
decision .

Excellent!

If it ever stops raining, I move to the head of the pack -- only need
about 15,000 more points.

To paraphrase a contest pilot (Dick Wolters, I think) who said "Look,
honey! I'm ahead of the guy that went home two days ago!" Now it's
"Look, honey! I'm ahead of the guy that stopped posting two months ago!"
I know the feeling - persistence counts, I say.

I wonder if the OLC will pick up some pilots that will now see the
contest as more fair and sportsmanlike?

--
Note: email address new as of 9/4/2006

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old September 11th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It is interesting to see Al Macdonald's integrity. Check out the
following flights:
1 - Al at 18635 feet over Mono Lake (care to provide your calibration?)
http://www2.onlinecontest.org/olcphp...olc-usa&spr=en
2 - Al at 12,500ft inside R4811 on Monday (Mon-Fri GND-15000ft). Need
to open with Seeyou with sectional map to see the violation.
http://www2.onlinecontest.org/olcphp...olc-usa&spr=en

Sorry for making such a disgraceful post, no one but Al deserves
something like this.
And sorry for making it anonymously, I normally don't do it, but
knowing how insane Al is, I can't take the risk. I have a family to
protect.

wrote:
No..

You need to answer Marc's and my question before you embarrass yourself
as "official observer".

Over....

Doug Haluza wrote:
You need to stop tbis before you embarass yourself even more.