Cancer

Old July 6th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ted Leon

Default Cancer

veeduber,
You are quite a guy and one that everyone respects. Your input is sooo much
apperciated.
Very sorry to hear about your cancer situation. I had prostate cancer when I
was 54. The younger you are, the more aggressive that cancer usually is.
That was almost 5 years ago with no evidence of recurrance. While I
understand that is not much of hoo ray, as I'm not comparing apples to
apples, the point it that cures do happen, even with myeloma.
Hang in there dude.
(Dr.) Ted Leon

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 13:44:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Yes, I've got it.

No, you can't have it. You have to grow your own. You don't catch
cancer. It's not a head-cold or a case of clap. I've been working on
mine for more than five years now.

oh god not another one with bloody excuses.

look its smaller than a breadbox, stop focussing on it and get out in
the workshop and build a rudder.
got one of those?, well build the elevators.

the reality is that we probably all have little cancers. they are just
cells that dont know when to stop.
most of the time our immune system clobbers the little buggers but
just occasionally one gets through the net. that's what medicine is
for.

when are you going to have that aeroplane finished? thats the real
problem!

Stealth (all heart) Pilot

Old July 6th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

wrote in message
Yes, I've got it.

Hang in there Bob, and don't forget that some of the "alternative" stuff has
a lot of merit--so long as it doesn't cause some sort of adverse reaction
with your prescribed medications.

I'm confident that there is time remaining on the Life Membership, and look
forward to reading a lot more from you!

Peter Dohm

Old July 7th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:05:53 -0400, "Peter Dohm"
wrote:

wrote in message
Yes, I've got it.

Hang in there Bob, and don't forget that some of the "alternative" stuff has
a lot of merit--so long as it doesn't cause some sort of adverse reaction
with your prescribed medications.

I'm confident that there is time remaining on the Life Membership, and look
forward to reading a lot more from you!

Peter Dohm

******** to the "alternative stuff"
people have a wonderful mechanism called the subconscious which can
make you feel wonderful even when the cancer is in its most aggressive
stages. stick with the medication regime it is what is going to
clobber the little bugger.

I know it doesnt sound like it but I really do commiserate. the
experience is damn confronting. get yourself a nice comfortable lounge
chair out in the workshop so that when you get tired you can rest.
dont mope about, you're made of stiffer stuff than that.

if you dont feel like anything else make a truss rib. NACA 23102 and
48 inches chord. that's what the single seat Druine Turbulent takes.
wonderful little aeroplane that uses a 1600cc VW conversion.

I can even give you a convalescence plan gratis if you need it.

hang in there boy, you can beat it.

....now get off your bum and get out and build. :-)

Stealth Pilot
Old July 8th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Beryl[_2_]

wrote:
Yes, I've got it.

Get yourself back to the garden.
Old July 11th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I stop by now and then, and VW'er posts are always on my reading list.
You have a strong will and mind. Good. Stay focused like you always do.
I wish you the best. I have been keeping an eye open for stategies for
my own use. Lately, I have been intrigued by something which might
interest you. Not a plug, I promise, but here is some info.
http://glycob.oxfordjournals.org/cgi...tract/15/4/393 . I'd
just like to keep you around if I can help it. Also, some reports say
ayahuasca can do the trick, but it sounds pretty heroic to me.

In friendship,
A.J.

Old July 13th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

You're on! And I am bloody-well serious. Not the whole bird; forward
fuselage, please. Fuel tank. Main spar. Put it on DeltaCAD if you
got it, otherwise whatever works.

The thing is, I want to fabricate the forward fuselage and hang the
engine using the method I prefer, which uses a space-frame mount with
the prop on the clutch-end of the crankshaft. Lotsa little details in
getting the load back into the main structure at minimum weight.

Nor am I saying it'll be better -- probably won't. But it's an itch
I'd really like to scratch.

-Bob Hoover
Old July 13th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 23:00:44 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

You're on! And I am bloody-well serious. Not the whole bird; forward
fuselage, please. Fuel tank. Main spar. Put it on DeltaCAD if you
got it, otherwise whatever works.

The thing is, I want to fabricate the forward fuselage and hang the
engine using the method I prefer, which uses a space-frame mount with
the prop on the clutch-end of the crankshaft. Lotsa little details in
getting the load back into the main structure at minimum weight.

Nor am I saying it'll be better -- probably won't. But it's an itch
I'd really like to scratch.

-Bob Hoover

I've sent an experimental email to see if your email address works.
give me a reply and the plans are yours.

I can give you the original french plans.
and/or the strengthened australian plans.

Stealth Pilot

Old July 14th 08, 09:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 13:44:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Yes, I've got it.

The Rules for Cancer Fighting are to keep things simple, such as One
True Friend is worth more than a temple filled with False Friends.

You'll pick it up as we go along :-)

-Robert S. Hoover
-EAA 58400 (Life Member... bit of humor, what?)

Hang in there Bob. it's those friends that mean a lot when nature
throws us a curve and she can sure think up a variety.

A bit over 15 months ago I was spending my time in a hospital bed when
I head a voice call my name, then another voice. I slowly worked my
way to the surface (some of those pills do that) and found five pilots
standing there. Someone asked how I was doing. I replied that I was
fine other than my left side didn't work, but they tell me it's all in
my head so not to worry.

The next time I surfaced I think there werer six from the local ham
club standing there. Later still I found a friend standing there
wearing a hospital gown. I don't remember what he was in for (some of
those pills do that, but so does age, or at least it gives me more
excuses) but I though he was worse off than I was.

So, here I am 15 months and many pain pills (needed after the PT or
physical therapy, known as "Pain and Torture" in the trade). I learned
how to walk again, I can again type over 60 words a minute, I can
stand balanced on my left foot although it still feels like it's half
asleep, and I even spent an hour and a half up on top of my tower
working on antennas last week (they didn't agree to make me sane).

These curve balls can really change a persons outlook on life though.
I realize we received different curves at least for the time being,
but if I can do it you should be able to breeze through this
inconvenience in short order. Just remember we're all out here pulling
for you.

Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old November 8th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Highflyer

Default VW engine mounting

wrote in message

You're on! And I am bloody-well serious. Not the whole bird; forward
fuselage, please. Fuel tank. Main spar. Put it on DeltaCAD if you
got it, otherwise whatever works.

The thing is, I want to fabricate the forward fuselage and hang the
engine using the method I prefer, which uses a space-frame mount with
the prop on the clutch-end of the crankshaft. Lotsa little details in
getting the load back into the main structure at minimum weight.

Nor am I saying it'll be better -- probably won't. But it's an itch
I'd really like to scratch.

-Bob Hoover

I agree Bob. That is an itch that has bothered me for years also. It
seems like the logical way to do it. Of course, then you have to deal
with a prop that turns in the proper direction! :-)

Highflyer
Highflight Aviation Services
Pinckneyville Airport PJY

cancer?? Tri-Pacer Piloting 11 October 24th 07 08:38 PM
Cancer purtybird0 Piloting 4 July 4th 07 12:34 AM
Medical after cancer Chas[_2_] Piloting 37 March 20th 07 11:48 PM