Is Chris Thomas a Real Pilot?

Old September 9th 04, 02:27 AM
Darrel Toepfer

RobertR237 wrote:

Bush was taken to SAC Headquarters at Offut AFB, just outside of Omaha.

But first he stopped off here in Louisiana, our B52 base in Shreveport
as I remember... Had a close encounter with a GA vehicle on the way from
Florida too, as I also remember...
Old September 9th 04, 11:04 AM
John

According to todays newspaper in Virginia Beach, Va. . . ((I have not
personally researched this!) so don't shoot me).

"The new documents surfaced as the Bush administration for the first time
released the president's logs, which have been the focus of repeated
archival searches and Freedom of Information Act requests dating to the
2000 presidential campaign. The logs show that Bush stopped flying in April
1972 after racking up more than 570 hours of flight time between 1969-1972,
much of it on an F-102 interceptor jet."

I know they just said "much" not how many hours. Like I said I didn't see
the logs myself just the newspaper article.
John

Yes he was a F-102 pilot yes he did serve (and probably got off light
because of his "pull") but he did not trash his fellow pilots and crews
after leaving the service ala Kerry!

ONE MORE TIME....
My_ONLY_reason for being here is to dispute the
notion that GWB had the F-102 flying time claimed
in this thread. Nothing more, nothing less.

From what I can glean, GWB completed basic
student flight training and F-102 training over 18 months.
That may be worth a grand total of 120 flight hours.
Dunno fer sure, 'cause my USAF pilot training days
were a decade before GWB.

Other than that....
**** the agenda of politics, hidden or otherwise.
For me, leopards don't change their spots over
35 minutes.... or 35 years. What GWB was 35 years
ago, he still is today.

YMMV.

Barnyard BOb -

Old September 9th 04, 12:27 PM
Barnyard BOb -

"Rich S." wrote:

Begin quote:

Unlike McCain, Bush, and Gore; Kerry has adamantly refused to authorize the
release of his military records. Most think it's because of his phony battle
medals.

Defend Bush to the hilt.
Smear Kerry.
Whatever.
I don't care.

No question that....
GWB played the system for all it's worth.
GWB is still playing the system for all it's worth.
Good for him.
Ditto for Kerry milking the system, too.
Ditto Bill Clinton.
Ditto Monica Lewinsky....
ad nauseam.

I came into this thread in an attempt to show that there
is little chance that Bush could have the F-102 flying
time that was being touted/claimed here since most
GWB documentable time was spent anywhere but
near an F102..... or any military installation/facility.

If GWB is concealing nothing....
His logbook(s) or copies are available for public
scrutiny via military and/or personal documents.
Please tell where they may be viewed....
or do we have TWO PHONIES running for President?

Barnyard BOb - if their lips are moving, they're lying.
Old September 9th 04, 01:37 PM
RobertR237

[...]

We have to candidates who's past military record has nothing to do with their
current abilities to be President. Way too much time has been expended on what
they did 35 years ago and too little on what they can and will do for our
country. So far, I have not seen any good reasons to vote for either one, only
some reasons for possibly voting against both.

Barnyard BOb - if their lips are moving, they're lying.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old September 9th 04, 02:11 PM
Mark Hickey

Barnyard BOb - wrote:

I came into this thread in an attempt to show that there
is little chance that Bush could have the F-102 flying
time that was being touted/claimed here since most
GWB documentable time was spent anywhere but
near an F102..... or any military installation/facility.

One of the documents that just surfaced (documents that procedurally
should have been destroyed over thirty years ago, but weren't) shows
his actual logged time in each type of aircraft. I don't remember
specifically, but he had over 300 hours of PIC time of an F-102.

If GWB is concealing nothing....
His logbook(s) or copies are available for public
scrutiny via military and/or personal documents.
Please tell where they may be viewed....
or do we have TWO PHONIES running for President?

One of the candidates signed the form opening every document in his
military background for scrutiny (which is obviously coming in waves).
The other has yet to do so.

Mark Hickey

Old September 9th 04, 02:47 PM
Barnyard BOb -

Barnyard BOb - wrote:

I came into this thread in an attempt to show that there
is little chance that Bush could have the F-102 flying
time that was being touted/claimed here since most
GWB documentable time was spent anywhere but
near an F102..... or any military installation/facility.

One of the documents that just surfaced (documents that procedurally
should have been destroyed over thirty years ago, but weren't) shows
his actual logged time in each type of aircraft. I don't remember
specifically, but he had over 300 hours of PIC time of an F-102.

Mark Hickey

How convenient. g

Who has seen this proof?
Where can it be seen NOW...
and who has judged the authenticity?

Got any reliable references that I can research?

Barnyard BOb - trust, but verify.
Old September 9th 04, 02:48 PM
Tammy

I must have been asleep - does that qualify me to be the Republican
Candidate for President?

My only excuse is that I'm a blonde, and it was all Bill Clinton's
fault.

Barnyard BOb - wrote in message . ..
On 8 Sep 2004 11:36:55 -0700, (Tammy) wrote:

Forget Alabama. The news today is that Bush transfered to
Massachusetts and not even the Bush campaign claims that he fulfilled
his service there. Not only didn't he fulfill his service, he didn't
even show up. How many times can a man go AWOL during wartime and not
get punished. Evidently, at least twice, if you are a Bush.

Yoo hoo...
Are you awake?
Ths WAS addressed in the attached BOSTON Globe piece.
Let me snip all else so you might see....

On July 30, 1973, shortly before he moved from Houston to Cambridge,
Bush signed a document that declared, ''It is my responsibility to
locate and be assigned to another Reserve forces unit or mobilization
augmentation position. If I fail to do so, I am subject to involuntary
order to active duty for up to 24 months. . . " Under Guard
regulations, Bush had 60 days to locate a new unit.

But Bush never signed up with a Boston-area unit. In 1999, Bush
spokesman Dan Bartlett told the Washington Post that Bush finished his
six-year commitment at a Boston area Air Force Reserve unit after he
left Houston. Not so, Bartlett now concedes. ''I must have misspoke,"
Bartlett, who is now the White House communications director, said in
a recent interview.

© Copyright 2004 Globe Newspaper Company.

Old September 9th 04, 05:03 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Barnyard BOb - wrote:

On 09 Sep 2004 12:37:28 GMT, osite (RobertR237)
wrote:

[...]

From what I can glean, GWB completed basic
student flight training and F-102 training over 18 months.
That may be worth a grand total of 120 flight hours.
Dunno fer sure, 'cause my USAF pilot training days
were a decade before GWB.

Other than that....
**** the agenda of politics, hidden or otherwise.
For me, leopards don't change their spots over
35 minutes.... or 35 years. What GWB was 35 years
ago, he still is today.

That then leaves us with a choice between a potential shirker of duty
and one who betrayed his buddies and trashed them publicly.

What a choice!