Is Chris Thomas a Real Pilot?

Old September 10th 04, 09:22 PM
Barnyard BOb -

Think how blissful life must be for the insipid dolts who have no
expectations of their elected officials other than they can be selected
simply by voting a straight-party ticket...they're never disappointed, and
history continues to repeat its mistakes!

I have a primary ballot in front of me now which *requires* me to select a
single party, and then vote *only* for candidates in that party. Ain't that
just ducky?

Rich "marching in lockstep" S.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is a sound reason for your plight.

Here in Missouri -
Our PRIMARIES are wide open, but....

It can lead to all kinds of mischief if a
bunch of Democrats get organized and
select the weakest Republican candidate
to run against their more electable one...
or vice-versa.

Now you have the 'rest of the story'.
Go in peace, my son. g

Barnyard BOb -

Old September 10th 04, 09:40 PM
Barnyard BOb -

"W P Dixon" wrote:

I could not agree more! I know so many who vote Dem or Rep just because
their Daddy did all his life, and like you said the same dolts are put in
year after year with no change to the system. In fact the 2 parties have
done everything they can do to keep a "normal" person from running from
office. For change to happen it will take a change of mindset of the
American public...think for yourself and don't let a party do it for you.

My 'daddy' kinda' pulled a switcher-roo.

He raised us as Democrats when he had nothing.
So, early on, I followed in his footsteps.

Later in life when he had substantial net worth,
I caught him voting Republican. When asked why,
he let me know in no uncertain terms he didn't like the
idea of the Democrats redistributing his hard earned
wealth amongst our nation's poorer citizens.

You can take it from there....

Barnyard BOb -
Old September 10th 04, 10:00 PM
Rich S.

"Barnyard BOb -" wrote in message

Here in Missouri -
Our PRIMARIES are wide open, but....

Not for long. The Feds have ruled this is illegal. That is the reason
Washington has changed it's form.

It can lead to all kinds of mischief if a bunch of Democrats get
organized and
select the weakest Republican candidate to run against their more
electable one...
or vice-versa.

It can. However, a bunch of Republicrats can still choose to vote the
opposite party in the primary and select the weak sisters of the opposition.
Then, in the "Open" regular election, vote for their own candidate and win.

It made no difference in supressing the type of tactic you cite. What it did
was to give strength to the also-ran party candidates who would lose votes
from their own faithful. It is a flawed system.

Rich "Vote for me for King - I'll straighten them out!" S.

Old September 10th 04, 10:58 PM
Ed Sullivan

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:40:07 -0500, Barnyard BOb -
wrote:

"W P Dixon" wrote:

[...]

Yeah, my old daddy being an Irishman from eastern Canada was an
automatic liberal, while my mother a Californian who read a lot sort
of leaned me towards conservatism. Furthermore I always kind of
figured if I ever managed to amass any money I would stand a better
chance of keeping it under Republicans. Neither situation prevailed
but that was my motivation.

Ed Sullivan

Old September 11th 04, 12:47 AM
Barnyard BOb -

It is a flawed system.

Rich "Vote for me for King - I'll straighten them out!" S.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmmmm.

Perfection may await you
via your heavenly reward.

If you're not yet prepared, may I suggest...
making lemonade from your earthly lemons.

Barnyard BOb - the ol filosofer
Old September 11th 04, 02:57 AM
Stan Kap

Amen, brother.

It takes balls to stand up for what is right. So many followers, not enough
leaders.

Stan K.

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message

I feel Kerry had a right to protest the war but he didn't have to trash

his
former comrades while doing it.

If your white, and you see a white guy beating up a black guy, do you
turn you head just becaue the guy doing the dirty deed is the same
color as you?

Substitute nationality for skin color in the previous example. Does
it change what you do?

Bad things happen in war. And just because your country sees itself
as the "good guys", doesn't mean you all are. Take any random sample
of 100 people and your bound to have a few bad apples, otherwise, our
prisons would be empty. And we sent tens of thousands to Vietnam. So
the idea that none of those tens of thousands did anything wrong is
ludicrous.

I think being an American means standing up for what's right,
regardless of who that puts in the wrong. Kerry did what he thought
was right, and I personally think that what he did took alot more
courage then simply ignoring the atrocities.

Rich

Old September 11th 04, 04:25 AM
StellaStar

Some guy with Hickeys claims...Think about it... early 1970's, and the
boneheads at NBC expect us to
think that a typewriter produced documents that had:

1) Times New Roman font (not yet developed)

But, "Times New Roman was created by the esteemed British typographer Stanley
Morison for the Times of London in 1932."

http://www.slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2095809&
Old September 11th 04, 04:43 AM
RobertR237

It just gets more and more interesting but is still not relevant to the
election.

Bob Reed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nonsense.
You parrot others of your 'ilk'. g

For you this may well be true.
For others, it's a data point on a larger picture.

Barnyard BOb - never had too much info

And I don't think either one has any reason to be overly proud of their record
in that regard. Based on Kerry's testimony, he had reason to be ashamed of his
actions in Viet Nam.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old September 11th 04, 04:49 AM
RobertR237

Think how blissful life must be for the insipid dolts who have no
expectations of their elected officials other than they can be selected
simply by voting a straight-party ticket...they're never disappointed, and
history continues to repeat its mistakes!

I have a primary ballot in front of me now which *requires* me to select a
single party, and then vote *only* for candidates in that party. Ain't that
just ducky?

Rich "marching in lockstep" S.

Excuse me but that is the purpose of the primaries. For the members of each
party to select their candidates for the general election. You are allowed to
chose your party and then you are allowed to chose your candidates. That is
NOT voting a straight-party ticket. Voting a straight-party ticket is done in
the general election when a voter picks the candidates for all offices based on
party.

Old September 11th 04, 05:02 AM
RobertR237

Later in life when he had substantial net worth,
I caught him voting Republican. When asked why,
he let me know in no uncertain terms he didn't like the
idea of the Democrats redistributing his hard earned
wealth amongst our nation's poorer citizens.

You can take it from there....

Barnyard BOb -

Yeah, my old daddy being an Irishman from eastern Canada was an
automatic liberal, while my mother a Californian who read a lot sort
of leaned me towards conservatism. Furthermore I always kind of
figured if I ever managed to amass any money I would stand a better
chance of keeping it under Republicans. Neither situation prevailed
but that was my motivation.

Ed Sullivan

I started as a Kennedy Democrat, quickly realized that Johnson wanted to take
everything I earned and give it away to those who didn't want to work and
became an independent. I then realized that an independent is just an excuse
for not having any convictions, sort of luke warm on everything. I becam a
Republican based on picking the party that best represents the majority of my
views. Although I have been a registered and fairly active republican for 30
years, I have never voted a straight party ticket and don't expect that I ever
will.