40,000 Plus Hits. Thank you all.

Old November 2nd 03, 04:32 AM
redc1c4

Mike Morron wrote:

redc1c4 wrote:

kill file the twit?

It would be my pleasure to meet a twit like YOU face to face.

yeah, right..... whatever. it's easy to be brave, tough, etc*, over
a text file. real life is different: you should try it.

you should also try taking your meds on a routine basis, as prescribed,
and another layer of tin foil on your hat wouldn't be amiss either.

after all, there is a full moon coming, and that'll make it easier for
the black helicopters to locate you for the Greys. it's time for your
routine checkup and anal probing, i'm guessing.

redc1c4,
just a thought..... %-)

Anytime, anywhere, pal. [insert dumbasss emiticon here]

the local courthouse ought to do. bring your lawyer to fight the
restraining order and the commitment papers. Atascadero is nice this
time of year.

redc1c4,
(*i was going to add "witty", but thought better of it. %-)
--
A Troop - 1st Squadron
404th Lemming Armored Cavalry

"Velox et Capillatus!"
Old November 2nd 03, 04:35 AM
redc1c4

Mike Morron wrote:

(Peter Stickney) wrote:

But that's just his online persona - who knows what he (or any of us) are
in real life.

Exactly right. Based on your online persona, you would most definitely
would NOT be on my short list of candidates to fly an IFR approach
with OR plop an ultralight down onto a helicopter landing pad (much
less fly into combat!) Stick to posting aviation stats and figures on
RAM, Pete. Everything else is beneath ya.

you, OTOH, would be among my first choices to ride a pogo stick across
a minefield, so that i, and the other scouts, could cross safely.

redc1c4,
i mean REALLY, what sane person would want to fly with you? %-)

Old November 2nd 03, 04:38 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
"Dudley Henriques" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote:

Check Six.

Best of luck to you there Mike. :-)))))

Thanks, Dud. I get to choose the type of A/C, right? :-)))))

As long as I don't have to fly with you......go for it!! :-))))

DH

Old November 2nd 03, 04:48 AM
Mike Marron

"Dudley Henriques" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote:

Check Six.

Best of luck to you there Mike. :-)))))

Thanks, Dud. I get to choose the type of A/C, right? :-)))))

As long as I don't have to fly with you......go for it!! :-))))

Perfect! Put your money where your mouth is Dud. $100...no
make that $1000 down on the table sez I can wax yer tail in
the A/C of MY choice.

$1000 bucks.

Deal, hard guy?

Old November 2nd 03, 04:59 AM
Mike Marron

redc1c4 wrote:

were you this big an ass when you drank with them, or is it a new thing?

Damn I'm good!

redc1c4,
(BTW, just 'cause you drank with them doesn't mean they liked you %-)

I didn't have much of a choice, idiot. It's not a question of whether
or not "they" liked me or not, idiot. You simply drank, idiot.

Old November 2nd 03, 05:00 AM
Gordon

Dudley, you get to pick the location. Fly over my house - the PK is just about
perfect to end this.

v/r
Gordon
Old November 2nd 03, 05:04 AM
Bob McKellar

Since my name was dropped in Art's first post in this thread, I feel entitled to
chime in. I have waited a while to do so, reading the other posts with great
interest.

A lot of what I was going to say has already been expressed quite well by others.
Vlado and Dudley chimed in with the rest of the hand grenade squad ( very
entertaining! ) and others such as Gordon, Peter and the Lizard contributed in less
incendiary ways, with at least some attempt at an evenhanded appraisal.

Those familiar with my posting history these many years know that sometimes I stray
just a bit from a flat recitation of facts. For the purposes of this post,
however, I am restricting myself to a very low bull**** factor. ( Very difficult
for me!)

First, I want to state a few things in reference to a variety of things which have
come up.

I host and code Art's web site, but ALL the content is his. I correct typos from
the emails he sends me, but that's it. There is no money involved in any of this
for either of us. Also, Art is not really a particularly tech savvy guy.

All my contact with Art has been email, no phone calls, no face time, no faxes, and
just one snail mailed clipping. However, over several years, I have encountered
absolutely NO indication that he is not who he says he is. In addition to the
evidence available on the web site, I have encountered numerous other pieces of
evidence verifying his identity.

----------

The "Autocollimator" story:

I spent about half an hour this afternoon on Google, and emailed another "RAM
regular" to discuss the issue. I did NOT email Art himself. Autocollimator is a
real word, BTW.

In my opinion, there is a very good chance that Art either IS "Autocollimator" or
had a very direct influence in those posts. I will not detail my reasoning here,
but it involves NO "inside" information.

I really don't think it would be such a big deal if Art wanted to have a little
extra fun on the group, and created another persona to express some different
views. Let's face it, "Autocollimator" is hardly the worst offender we've seen
lately. I don't plan to spend any time worrying about it.

-------------

I don't really have anything to add to the "Good Art/Bad Art" controversy, others
have covered it quite well. Except for this post, I don't think I have ever
commented publicly on it, and I don't think I have any great insights. The
tradeoffs are obvious to any reasonable long term reader of RAM.

-------------

And now, of necessity, I must address the issue of Mr. Marron. Over the years, I
have watched many new posters earn universal derision and enmity on the group.
However, I can't recall anybody else who reached his current depths of disapproval
without benefit of outlandishly nonfactual statements. Mr. Marron is now in the
losers' league of Tarver, Mladen,.and the XXX999 kooks, sinking below the Arndt
level, without ever making a really silly claim ( by the loose standards of RAM ).

Mr. Marron has even posted valuable material at times. However, by the sheer force
of obnoxious personality, he has managed to irritate people even while making what
should have been a legitimate contribution. This happens to posters all the time,
of course ( including Art ). But Mr. Marron has raised this from an occasional
communication problem to a consistent barrage of offensive invective, untempered by
any real original contributions ( unless you want to count lyrical praise of his
"almost an airplane").

I suppose I am a bit naive, a bit of a romantic with regard to communities like
RAM. I have always felt that the raging battles we see would never happen if we
were sitting around a table with the benefit of tone of voice and facial
expressions to leaven the harsh typing of a newsgroup post. I certainly don't
think all opinions would coincide in such a venue. ( What would be the fun in
that? ) But all in all, I used to say I'd be glad to have a beer with any of the
non loon RAM regulars, regardless of how much I may disagree with them on issues.

Now, however, I have found an exception to that rule.

Bob McKellar

..

Old November 2nd 03, 05:08 AM
Mike Marron

redc1c4 wrote:

you, OTOH, would be among my first choices to ride a pogo stick across
a minefield, so that i, and the other scouts, could cross safely.

redc1c4,
i mean REALLY, what sane person would want to fly with you? %-)

Well said, Spoken like a true aviator. [goofy emitcon goes here]

Old November 2nd 03, 05:09 AM
redc1c4

Mike Morron wrote:

redc1c4 wrote:

were you this big an ass when you drank with them, or is it a new thing?

Damn I'm good!

actually, you suffer from delusions of adequacy. as i've heard it,
small boys laugh at you when you pee in public mens rooms, although this
doesn't happen as much since you've taken to always sitting down.....

it's also lessened your cleaning bills, not having to get the urine
stains out of your panties, according to the grafitti in the club.

redc1c4,
(BTW, just 'cause you drank with them doesn't mean they liked you %-)

I didn't have much of a choice, idiot. It's not a question of whether
or not "they" liked me or not, idiot. You simply drank, idiot.

you drank idiots? they must have worked 'cause look at you now. %-)

you should leave both the drinking & the flames to pro's. it's obvious
you lack the basic talent and necessary skills for either task.

redc1c4,
and undoubtedly the only plane you ever flew was a paper one in
grade school, one of the years you were held back a grade.