Approach Control Frequencies

Old October 1st 03, 09:59 PM
John

Default Approach Control Frequencies

Flew to West Virginia yesterday from Lee Airport, nead Annapolis, MD.
Filed an ADIZ flight plan, called Potomac Approach and got a squawk code.
Flew out of the Baltimore-Washington ADIZ with no trouble, but requiring
several frequency changes as I was handed off from one controller to the
next. However, when I returned, I took a different, more southerly route.
Here is a copy of what I sent AOPA describing the events surrounding my
attempt to re-enter the ADIZ:

Filed to enter the ADIZ at 11:15 local at the Brooke VOR (BRV). Arrive
exactly on time. Called the frequency on the chart for that area: 119.85.
No response. Tried another freq for that area (on the chart): 124.65. No
response. I had decended from 4000' down to 2000' to go under the Class B.
I tried 126.75 (typically for VFR North of this area. No joy. Called
Stafford Reginonal airport nearby. They suggested 120.82, which they told
me was a "new one" they were using. They also reported that I was "loud and
very clear", when I told them the problem.

Several times I heard, "8593V, you are loud and clear. How do you read?".
However, when I responded they didn't hear me. I climbed to 4000', and
tried 124.65 again. This time I got a response and they could hear me. I
got a squawk code and was told to proceed (after being led to beleive that
he could not find my flight plan). He told me that below 1200', I could
have contacted Quantico Approach on 127.05. I asked him how I was supposed
to know that, and he told me that he did not know. How are we supposed to
know the approach frequencies and their limitations, if not on the chart?

Is there some place we can get the approach control frequencies for a
specific are, ... and their limitation?

TIA

-john
Old October 1st 03, 11:17 PM
Don Tuite

Is it still true/was it ever true/ that controllers must answer if you
call "[Facility], [Your ID], 'Acknowledge.'"?

Don

Old October 2nd 03, 01:55 AM
CriticalMass

Cross-posting is a nuisance.

---------------------------

-----------------------------

Old October 2nd 03, 09:27 AM
John

Tough crap.
I posted it in three groups that apply to the subject.
It's not like I posted it to several hundred groups, like some people do.

Get over it.

"CriticalMass" wrote:

Cross-posting is a nuisance.

.. .

Old October 17th 03, 04:38 PM
CriticalMass

"John" wrote in message
Tough crap.
I posted it in three groups that apply to the subject.
It's not like I posted it to several hundred groups, like some people do.

Get over it.

Nope, I've got nothing to "get over".

It's your damned, rude cross-posting that's the problem. One of your
pathetic posts is more than enough.

*YOU* "get over it".

Old October 18th 03, 09:30 AM
John

"CriticalMass" wrote:

"John" wrote in message
.. .
Tough crap.
I posted it in three groups that apply to the subject.
It's not like I posted it to several hundred groups, like some people do.

Get over it.

Nope, I've got nothing to "get over".

It's your damned, rude cross-posting that's the problem. One of your
pathetic posts is more than enough.

*YOU* "get over it".

My "rude" cross posting was across three groups.
If you can't handle seeing it? Do what I do, just skip over it.
I was very selective in the groups I picked. I didn't post them in every
group available.

I think your efforts would best be spent looking at the problem I had,
which is common among many of the pilots in my area, or just don't bother
looking at it in the first place.

-john