UK1 X9450 DH DragonRapide 1999-09-05 to G-AEML Shoreham CGWLeesonPhoto.jpg

Old July 6th 11, 12:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Joseph Testagrose

Default UK1 X9450 DH DragonRapide 1999-09-05 to G-AEML Shoreham CGWLeesonPhoto.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UK1 X9450 DH DragonRapide 1999-09-05 to G-AEML  Shoreham  CGWLeesonPhoto.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	49017
Old July 6th 11, 09:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

"Joseph Testagrose" wrote in message

A DH Dragon Rapide was the first aircraft I ever flew in; this was at the
age of of about 5 or 6 in 1947/48, a 10 shilling pleasure flight from what
is now Heathrow Airport. I can recall throwing a tantrum and being
absolutely petrified of going up in one of those things. I was eventually
put on board and strapped in and still had my eyes tightly shut as the plane
took off. I then felt the feeling of being airborne was so familiar, almost
as if I'd done it before. On landing I'm told I went into another sobbing
tantrum ........ I wanted to 'go around again'.

So I'm wondering, do any of you knowledgeable folks know which company was
using Dragon Rapides for joy rides from Heathrow in those days ? I've
searched online but as yet not come up with any answers.
~~
Dingo ;~)

Old July 8th 11, 08:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Laurie

On 06/07/11 9:34 PM, Dingo wrote:
So I'm wondering, do any of you knowledgeable folks know which company
was using Dragon Rapides for joy rides from Heathrow in those days ?
I've searched online but as yet not come up with any answers.

Most likely Island Air Services

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-141709.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...n-1499214.html

Laurie

Old July 10th 11, 07:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

"Laurie" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 06/07/11 9:34 PM, Dingo wrote:
So I'm wondering, do any of you knowledgeable folks know which company
was using Dragon Rapides for joy rides from Heathrow in those days ?
I've searched online but as yet not come up with any answers.

Most likely Island Air Services

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-141709.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...n-1499214.html

Laurie

Thank you for the links, Laurie, some very interesting reading.
~~
Dingo