Lowrance 600c Display Question

Old April 2nd 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ebby

Default Lowrance 600c Display Question

I have a question for anyone out there that has a Lowrance 600c. When the
light goes off is your display nearly impossible to see? I think I've got
good vision but when the light goes off I can hardly see the display. I had
an AirMap 1000 but returned it because I couldn't see the display when the
light went off. I have adjusted the contrast and brightness but still not
satisfied when the light is off on the 600c.

I am using the aux power plug so that the light will stay on. What are your
experiences with this GPS unit?

--
John "Ebby" Ebensperger
Hatz Classic s/n37

Old April 2nd 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edwin Johnson

On 2007-04-02, Ebby wrote:
I have a question for anyone out there that has a Lowrance 600c. When the
light goes off is your display nearly impossible to see? I think I've got

I am using the aux power plug so that the light will stay on. What are your
experiences with this GPS unit?

About the same as your take on the issue. It is very dim in the cockpit
without the backlighting on. If running on battery you can have the display
backlighting only stay on say 30 sec or 1 min. Then any keypress will light
it again. I've used this technique in the plane, but now have an aux plug
for the power so it can stay on if I wish. Incidentally, I'm very satisfied
with my unit and it does more than any other on the market for its price
range. The runway center line steering is awesome, almost like having another
LOC indicator in the plane.

....Edwin
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://bellsouthpwp2.net/e/d/edwinljohnson
Old April 2nd 07, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Ebby,

What are your
experiences with this GPS unit?

If sunlight shines directly on it, it's decently visible.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old April 2nd 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Walt

On Apr 1, 7:32 pm, "Ebby" wrote:
I have a question for anyone out there that has a Lowrance 600c. When the
light goes off is your display nearly impossible to see? I think I've got
good vision but when the light goes off I can hardly see the display. I had
an AirMap 1000 but returned it because I couldn't see the display when the
light went off. I have adjusted the contrast and brightness but still not
satisfied when the light is off on the 600c.

I am using the aux power plug so that the light will stay on. What are your
experiences with this GPS unit?

--
John "Ebby" Ebensperger
Hatz Classic s/n37
Camden, NY

I have the AirMap 1000 and have no problem seeing the display, even in
direct sunlight. I rarely use the backlight.

--Walt
Bozeman