How to find LPV approaches?

Old May 22nd 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul Tomblin

Default How to find LPV approaches?

None of the RNAV approaches at my local airport has LPV minimums. I want
to try out our club's nifty new 530W. I've tried a couple of LNAV+VNAV
approaches, and they aren't all that exciting because the mins aren't any
better than the LNAV-only minimums.

Is there a search engine that will find the nearest airports with LPV
approach mins, or do I have to grovel through the whole approach book?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian
Old May 22nd 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 5/22/2007 1:56:29 PM, wrote:

Is there a search engine that will find the nearest airports with LPV
approach mins, or do I have to grovel through the whole approach book?

Don't have the answer on how to search a database of approaches but Syracuse,
NY, just down the road from you, has LPV approaches to all four runways.

http://tinyurl.com/yw8h7y

--
Peter
Old May 22nd 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Peter R." said:
On 5/22/2007 1:56:29 PM, wrote:
Is there a search engine that will find the nearest airports with LPV
approach mins, or do I have to grovel through the whole approach book?

Don't have the answer on how to search a database of approaches but Syracuse,
NY, just down the road from you, has LPV approaches to all four runways.

http://tinyurl.com/yw8h7y

Oh, thanks.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately,
Old May 22nd 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Butler

Peter R. wrote:
On 5/22/2007 1:56:29 PM, wrote:

Is there a search engine that will find the nearest airports with LPV
approach mins, or do I have to grovel through the whole approach book?

http://search.google.dot.gov/FAA/FAA...=LPV&x=14&y=12

- or -

http://tinyurl.com/2xp3bp
Old May 22nd 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 5/22/2007 1:56:29 PM, wrote:
Is there a search engine that will find the nearest airports with LPV
approach mins, or do I have to grovel through the whole approach book?

Don't have the answer on how to search a database of approaches but Syracuse,
NY, just down the road from you, has LPV approaches to all four runways.

http://tinyurl.com/yw8h7y

Oh, thanks.

I should add that there always seems to be WAAS NOTAMs for these approaches,
so double check the FDC NOTAMs before you go (probably pointless to say...).

--
Peter
Old May 22nd 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 5/22/2007 2:20:15 PM, Dave Butler wrote:

http://search.google.dot.gov/FAA/FAA...tput=xml _no_
dtd&client=DOT_Pages&lr=&proxystylesheet=http%3A%2 F%2Fsearch.google.dot.gov%2FFAA%2
Ffaa_google.xslt&oe=&faa_only=1&q=LPV&x=14&y=12

- or -

http://tinyurl.com/2xp3bp

Hey, your search engine link turned up this one, which contains an Excel
spreadsheet of the latest LPV approaches (about half way down):

http://gps.faa.gov/CapHill/approachGPS-WAAS.htm

--
Peter
Old May 22nd 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Butler

Peter R. wrote:
On 5/22/2007 2:20:15 PM, Dave Butler wrote:

http://search.google.dot.gov/FAA/FAA...tput=xml _no_
dtd&client=DOT_Pages&lr=&proxystylesheet=http%3A%2 F%2Fsearch.google.dot.gov%2FFAA%2
Ffaa_google.xslt&oe=&faa_only=1&q=LPV&x=14&y=12
- or -

http://tinyurl.com/2xp3bp

Hey, your search engine link turned up this one, which contains an Excel
spreadsheet of the latest LPV approaches (about half way down):

http://gps.faa.gov/CapHill/approachGPS-WAAS.htm

Ha, I meant to send the url of the spreadsheet, but somehow sent the
link to the search output instead. Anyway, you found it.

DB