Trailer Ramp Jack - NO SCREWS - follow up

Old June 18th 09, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Trailer Ramp Jack - NO SCREWS - follow up

To follow up on Uncle Fuzzy's design I modified the ramp on my Pfiefer
tube trailer from the early 80's.

Images at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/TTaylor07/TrailerJack

I used four wheels rather than two for a little more surface area. On
real soft ground you could carry two 12"x12" pieces of plywood if
needed.

Old June 19th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Jun 17, 9:35*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
To follow up on Uncle Fuzzy's design I modified the ramp on my Pfiefer
tube trailer from the early 80's.

Images at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/TTaylor07/TrailerJack

I used four wheels rather than two for a little more surface area. *On
real soft ground you could carry two 12"x12" *pieces of plywood if
needed.

Excellent Tim! Nice work!
Old April 8th 12, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony V

On 6/18/2009 12:35 AM, Tim Taylor wrote:
To follow up on Uncle Fuzzy's design I modified the ramp on my Pfiefer
tube trailer from the early 80's.

Images at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/TTaylor07/TrailerJack

Yes, Thank you Uncle Fuzzy. Here's my cut at it.

Tony "6N".

Old April 8th 12, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony V

On 4/8/2012 10:12 AM, Tony V wrote:
On 6/18/2009 12:35 AM, Tim Taylor wrote:
To follow up on Uncle Fuzzy's design I modified the ramp on my Pfiefer
tube trailer from the early 80's.

Images at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/TTaylor07/TrailerJack

Yes, Thank you Uncle Fuzzy. Here's my cut at it.

Posting the link would help. :-)

http://home.comcast.net/~verhulst/SO..._ramp_jack.htm

Tony "6N".

Old April 10th 12, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony V

On 4/9/2012 11:17 AM, Papa3 wrote:
I especially like the Tournagrip tape on the handle. Very sporty!

LOL! And I don't even play tennis.

Tony "6N"

Old July 13th 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sarah[_2_]

Nice work! Thanks for the report.

I'd love to replace the cruddy trailer screw jack on our 80's Komet. I was encouraged to see Fuzzy could lift an LS6 with it - how much force does it take?

I guess I need to find someone who can weld such a thing ...
Old July 13th 12, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate[_2_]

On Jul 13, 7:24*am, Sarah wrote:
Nice work! Thanks for the report.

I'd love to replace the cruddy trailer screw jack on our 80's Komet. I was encouraged to see Fuzzy could lift an LS6 with it - how much force does it take?

I guess I need to find someone who can weld such a thing ...

My BETA tester was a 100 pound woman. It wasn't 'effortless' for her,
but she managed to lift the fully rigged Speed Astir, which is a
little heavier than the LS.
I can't provide a link in this post, but there is a YouTube video of
the Mk II ramp jack, that incorporates a large aluminum plate to
accommodate rigging on soft surfaces. After building two of them, I
decided I'd rather use the original version, and carry a 2' square
chunk of plywood for those rare times when I'm on a soft surface.

Uncle Fuzzy
Old July 13th 12, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:35:41 AM UTC-4, Tim Taylor wrote:
To follow up on Uncle Fuzzy's design I modified the ramp on my Pfiefer
tube trailer from the early 80's.

Images at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/TTaylor07/TrailerJack

I used four wheels rather than two for a little more surface area. On
real soft ground you could carry two 12"x12" pieces of plywood if
needed.

I recently replaced the screw jack on my 1980's Komet, someone here suggested this:
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...6266_200446266
Had someone weld it on, so far so good. I don't have any pictures, I'll try and get some soon.