I want to buy a plane by year-end but they're not making it easy.

Old December 4th 04, 03:42 AM
pickle

Steve Foley wrote:
I simply tried to point out why the OP may not be getting the treatment he
expects.

It's really too bad my existance offends you so much,

Yeah, it really does.
Old December 4th 04, 06:07 AM
Matt Barrow

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Matt Barrow wrote:

I build and sell houses that go for $200K and up. Imagine if I used that
tactic.

You allow people to live in one of your houses for a while before they

decide to
buy it? That would be a demonstration of a house in exactly the same sense

that
flying an aircraft is a demonstration of the plane.

Bad analogy.

I expect that what you do is allow prospective buyers to go to the house

and
tour it before purchase. I would be *very* surprised to find that an

aircraft
manufacturer won't allow someone to go to one of their dealers or the

factory
and look at one of their planes.

We build a few models and let them walk through them.

A prospective home can be inspected and everything needed can be discerned.
OTOH, a machine such as a car or aircraft can only be compared by TRYING it
out. Someone made the apt analogy of the Mercedes-Benz that when actually
driven, was a significant disappointment.

While the homes are models and not on the market, they cost a lot of money
(taxes, capital, utilities) to maintain...probably more than an hour or two
or ten of operating an aircraft. Those costs, though, are a cost of doing
business, just like an auto dealer has demonstrators on their lot...and they
cost a lot of money in maintenance, depreciation, but think of the car
dealer that tried to sell you a car based only on the sales brochure. An
aircraft dealer does NOT need to let you go on a three hour cross-country.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old December 4th 04, 06:08 AM
Matt Barrow

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Back about 1979, Dodge came out with a pint-sized pickup truck. I used to

pass
one of the dealerships on my way home every day, so one day I stopped in.

There
was no price sticker in the window -- I found out later that these were

not
required on trucks at the time.

So I found a salesman who was heading across the lot and asked him how

much it
was.

He said "That all depends on what you trade in."

I said "I'm not going to trade anything in. How much is it?"

He said "That depends on what you trade in."

After another iteration of that, I gave up. It was nearly 25 years before

I set
foot in a Dodge dealership again. The next time I did, I was treated to a
lecture on why I would never find a truck for sale with a standard

transmission.

I don't see any reason to set foot in another Dodge dealership again.

You need THAT EXPERIENCE to avoid Dodge dealerships?

Matt
---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO

Old December 4th 04, 06:10 AM
Matt Barrow

"Dick" wrote in message ...

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
I am a licensed real estate agent. You would be amazed at some of the
people
walking in planning to buy a $200,000 home but have bad credit, no

income,
$25,000 in credit card debt, etc.

I learned pretty quickly not to bother with someone who isn't
pre-qualified.

I have bought many houses and was never "pre-qualified." As someone else
said, it means jack-sh*t. You would be amazed at all the "realtors" out
there who have no idea what they are doing. I have had to fill out more
offers due to ignorance and timidness than I should have to because the
realtors had no idea what they were doing.

In my business, realtors are the worst nightmare I have to deal with. Bozos
that couldn't hold any other job, representing people who wishes they know
nothing about...

Oh, well, you get the idea.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old December 4th 04, 06:12 AM
Matt Barrow

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
OK, Please don't hire me as your agent.

Not to worry. I have no intention of wrecking my business.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
Steve Foley wrote:

Remind me not to hire you as an agent. I can't tell you if I've ever

bought
or sold a house to a party that was "pre-qualified" which by the way,

pretty
much means squat anyhow.

Old December 4th 04, 05:24 PM
Thomas Borchert

T.Roger,

Diamond?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 4th 04, 05:24 PM
Thomas Borchert

T.Roger,

Ah, but the glass, the interior and the parachute!!!

And he's wrong, too.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 4th 04, 05:24 PM
Thomas Borchert

Tony,

The 4000 hours had to have lost them sales

Well, they're the best selling piston single engine aircraft line. So
just what do you base that statement on?
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 4th 04, 05:29 PM
Dude

It has been extended, but you have to have a deposit and contract before the
end of this year, and place the plane in service before the end of 2005. If
you meet the criteria, you can get the same 50% they got this year.

"John T" wrote in message
I do believe the tax writeoff thing has been extended. Haven't been paying
attention to it, but thats what I recall.

John

Old December 4th 04, 05:57 PM
C Kingsbury

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Back about 1979, Dodge came out with a pint-sized pickup truck. I used to

pass
one of the dealerships on my way home every day, so one day I stopped in.

There
was no price sticker in the window -- I found out later that these were

not
required on trucks at the time.

The older guys still call them a "Monroney," after the congressman who
sponsored the bill requiring them. Now that grandmothers who know nothing
about cars can look up invoice prices on the internet they mean even less
than they did 20 years ago.

He said "That all depends on what you trade in."

This is still largely how the game works. About a year ago I was toying with
the idea of buying one of those new Saab convertibles. I went to one dealer,
went for the test drive, etc. Then we sat down to talk price. I told him I
wanted two prices, one to buy the car straight and another to buy it with my
Jeep as a trade-in. He wouldn't do it. I ended up dickering with him for an
hour before he finally settled on one price with my Jeep as a trade-in. In
the end though the final price he offered was excellent. You don't sell a
lot of expensive convertibles in February in New England when there's a s--t
job market and a foot of snow on the ground.

-cwk.

rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 04 07:27 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 November 1st 03 06:27 AM
Conspiracy Theorists (amusing) Grantland Military Aviation 1 October 2nd 03 12:17 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 03 07:27 AM