Aero Commander 100 Darter

Old May 5th 11, 04:29 AM
alan.k alan.k is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.k View Post
Hi everybody!

My name is Alan, I'm 21 and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm looking for four seat aircraft such as C172/175. In the middle of my search someone offered to me a Darter Commander 100 (AC100). This one looks very good and has got the mayor stuffs that I was looking for.

I was surfing on the internet looking for more information about this airplane but I didn't get so much really. So I request you please give me some information about the AC100 (150HP engine).

I was reading that is an "orphan" airplane. I think you were meaning that has no more manufacturer in that case if the airplane need to be repaired, how should i do to get any part? I mean... is very dificult? it can't be repleaced with any other part?

I have al lot of questions about this. Please tell me all you know about this.

Thanks a lot for you attention.

Best regards from Argentina

Alan

PS: Excuse me for my english. I'm starting the ICAO's english lessons tomorrow. And excuse for write on this old topic.
żNo answers?

Thanks!
Old July 21st 11, 05:08 PM
TYArthur TYArthur is offline
Junior Member

Интересные путешествия. На нашем информационном сайте о туризме Вы найдете интересные статьи о путешествиях на яхте. Окунетесь в мир незабываемого туризма, узнаете все об оформление виз. Путешествовать с нами легко!
Old July 21st 11, 05:10 PM
TYArthur TYArthur is offline
Junior Member

Путешествие на яхте. На нашем информационном сайте о туризме Вы найдете интересные статьи о путешествиях на яхте. Окунетесь в мир незабываемого туризма, узнаете все об оформление виз. Путешествовать с нами легко!
Old July 21st 11, 05:13 PM
TYArthur TYArthur is offline
Junior Member

Оформления виз. На нашем информационном сайте о туризме Вы найдете интересные статьи о путешествиях на катерах. Окунетесь в мир незабываемого отдыха, узнаете все об оформление виз. Путешествовать с нами легко!
Old August 8th 11, 12:51 AM
raymond pilchiek raymond pilchiek is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Hi. Looking into a Darter. There are parts around, but you'd really need to smash it up, to require something so specialized. Electrical is piper. Any bolts or bushing, tierod ends and the such are generic. They fly a bit faster than the 300 cont. cessna. Stahl like a piper.
From what I understand...if you're getting one, don't plan on reselling in a hurry, just because as previously mentioned, there are not many around and folks are leary of them. Price is great. Apples to apples, for the most part, as comparing to a 172. Usually 5 to 8K cheaper.
Just my opinion. My info come from owners and research.
If I get one, I'll leave some info.
i have a aero commander darter 100 it was a great plane but my C.F.I. crashed it on july 20 th. it is beyond repair so i am taking it apart. if any one needs any parts contac me
Old November 27th 12, 09:21 AM
APFELSNUTZ APFELSNUTZ is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Jun 25, 6:56 pm, Lou wrote:[color=blue][i]
Can anyone tell me why I keep seeing these planes
selling for what seems like a great price? Every once
in a while someone advertises this brand and model,
but different planes for the same price as most Cessna
150's. Why? What is the problem with these planes?

We did some work on a Lark, the 180 hp version. It was intended to
compete with the 172, but needed that 180 hp just to haul the heavy
airframe around. In some ways it's a robust airplane, rather simple,
but has some odd features. The aluminum sheet metal is only a cover
around the cabin; the primary structure is steel tube, and stronger
than a tank. The landing gear is a pivoted steel tube structure, using
a fiberglass leaf as a spring. Try to buy a new one of those springs.
The flaps are plain piano-hinged affairs, cheap like a Cherokee's, not
having the Fowler action but also not having flap tracks and rollers
and other high-maintenance stuff. The floor is nice and flat and is
thick plywood. The seats set you up nice and high, like driving a
truck. The oil pressure line from the engine to the gauge is 1/4"
copper tube that fatigues and breaks at the engine, which then pumps
all the oil overboard. False economy of the worst sort.
They'd be good buys in Canada where such an airplane could be
registered Owner-Maintenance, and parts manufactured as necessary. Not
so easy in the US. And the fuel mileage will be poor, with that 180 hp
but mediocre cruise.

Dan

I own a Darter... the aircraft is much preferable to a C-172 of the same vintage or newer. It's a 172 on steroids as I like to call it. Stronger than the Cessna, and as economical for sure. Econo-cruise is 128 mph on 7 gph. Very respectable for what it will do for you. Climb at over 800fpm, lands under 500 ft. with no panic and regular breaking. Very solid landing feel, excellent visibility and roomy cockpit. Useful load is 970 lbs.. These are all verified numbers not just out of the book. I trained in 172s and I much prefer this aircraft. Parts are available from J&C Enterprises in Oklahoma. Very nice people to work with. Of course the Lyc. 0-320 A-1-A is "bullet proof". The price is right on this one because people are just ill-informed.

It's a keeper... if you sell it you'll wish you didn't down the line...

All the Best, Ron