We lost a good one....

Old May 20th 05, 01:51 PM

Default We lost a good one....

On Tuesday, May 17 Robert Bosley was murdered by an intruder who broke
into his home. Bob was a good friend of mine. I was also his CFI. At
the exact time we were scheduled to fly together on Saturday, I will
instead be attending his funeral. He was a good man, a good father and
husband, a good friend, and a good pilot. I'm posting this on here
because, even though he had not earned his private pilot certificate
yet, he *was* a pilot - he loved flying as much as anyone I've known,
and he loved and contributed to aviation and his community. In the 8
months he'd been flying, he came to know many local pilots; they have
universally high praise for his dedication to general aviation. Bob was
one of the happiest guys I'd ever met, especially when flying; he
always had a smile on his face, and the time to help anyone he met. He
had many accomplishments, but one of which he was most proud, was
becoming a pilot. And he was a good one indeed...and was only going to
get better. Less than 3 months ago, I stood by runway 21 at Falmouth
(Kentucky) Airport, nervously watching his first solo. When he landed
(after several very nice landings, and one well-considered go-around)
he was beaming with pride; I cut his shirt in front of a half-dozen
local pilots and family members. It will hang on the hanger wall for as
long as I can make it to the airport to make certain it remains as a
testament to the achievements of a good man who loved flying with a
true passion. Pilots are a special breed; and Bob, while among us for a
short time, was one of those pilots who flys because there are few joys
greater than flitting through the sky.

His family will miss him deeply; his friends will miss him as well. And
I will miss him. Bob, someday we will fly together again. I can't
envision what heaven must really be like, but I can't imagine it
doesn't have airplanes. If there are crosswinds where you are, just
remember to keep the wing low, and the nose straight...we'll watch
out for your family down here, and someday I'll fly next to you
again. Godspeed and good flying, my dear friend.

Old May 20th 05, 02:06 PM
Peter R.

On Tuesday, May 17 Robert Bosley was murdered by an intruder
who broke into his home.

snip

What an absolute tragedy. My deepest condolences to you and to his family.

Did the police catch the scum responsible for this act?

--
Peter

Old May 20th 05, 02:06 PM
Arnold Sten

[...]

Wow! I am so sorry for you loss. Thanks for sharing this wonderfully
fitting eulogy of your friend with those of us who did not have the
pleasure of knowing Bob.

Arnold Sten
Old May 20th 05, 03:32 PM
Gene Seibel

Sorry for your loss. How blessed he was to have a friend like you to
introduce him to the gift of flight. Savor the memories. Carry his
smile with you until the day you can return it.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Flying Machine - http://pad39a.com/gene/

Old May 20th 05, 04:38 PM

captainwu,
I am so sorry to hear of such a tragic loss. Not too long ago, tears
welled up in my eyeswhile watching a farewell flyby for Craig Lund,
owner of Liberty Aviation Services at my homebase who died suddenly in
his 40's. I never knew Craig but we pilots were all bonded by our love
of aviation. We are all blessed by having a chance "to slip the surly
bond of the earth and dance the skies on laughter-silvered wings" many
times before our final departure. So I join you in bidding Godspeed and
good flying to your dear friend, Bob Bosley.

Hai Longworth

Old May 20th 05, 04:41 PM

FYI

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...0103/505180376

On Fri, 20 May 2005 09:06:17 -0400, "Peter R."

Old May 21st 05, 03:34 AM
Morgans

Just when it seems that life can get no more unfair, you see something like
this.

Condolences, to all involved. I hope they get the scumbag.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 27th 05, 11:30 PM
Jim Buckridge

On Tuesday, May 17 Robert Bosley was murdered by an intruder who broke
into his home. Bob was a good friend of mine.

Follow-up:

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=3402186

Same thing happened by me last year.

Old May 28th 05, 04:58 AM
Roger

On 27 May 2005 15:30:50 -0700, "Jim Buckridge"