Newpaper Article, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Old September 2nd 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default Newpaper Article, Fayetteville, North Carolina

The Fayetteville Observer (Fayetteville, NC, aka "FayetteNam" due to
home of Fort Bragg) recently sent a journalist out to our club for a
glider flight.

I think the story is well written, as are the captions for the
photographs.

However, two little items could use some "splaining."

1. One pilot doesn't ever remember stating the L-13 was ugly.
2. And I don't remember saying the best land-out option would be a
plowed field. I thought I said a "recently mowed hay field"

Story: http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...25542?sac=Home

Photos: http://photos.fayobserver.com/mycapt...tegoryID=51538

(Will this be the last article about flying in an L-13 for some time?)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old September 2nd 10, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MickiMinner

Ray,
No need to apologize for anything. I have YET to see any
media story that got everything correct! I have
worked in/around media since the 70's...so that's
lots of stories!

GREAT article and pictures. Some of those pictures
are pretty artistic with neat perspectives.

This is definitely worth framing for the clubhouse
and adding to the SSA publicity and promotion
files!

Thank the members in your club for being
so welcoming to a member of the media.
Every little bit helps!
Micki

Old September 6th 10, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

Photos: *http://photos.fayobserver.com/mycapt...t=1063736&Cate...

(Will this be the last article about flying in an L-13 for some time?)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Great story, Ray! Thanks for all your work to promote soaring.
Val