PowerFLARM Display Update

Old November 11th 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PowerFLARM Display Update

Hi,

I must apologize. I had been a little confused and put forward some
incorrect information regarding the small display that is included with the
PowerFLARM Brick.

Previously my web site stated that the small Butterfly display would be the
one provided with the PowerFLARM Brick. That is not correct. The 2 units
look quite similar, but they are not the same. The Butterfly unit has a
more complex user interface with 2 knobs on the same shaft.

The PowerFLARM Remote Display will have a single knob/push-button - just
like the single knob/push-button on the PowerFLARM Portable.

The PowerFLARM Remote Display will have a display screen that is exactly the
same size as the display screen on the PowerFLARM Portable.

You can see 4 photos of the prototype PowerFLARM Remote Display he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/flarm.htm

Of course, this is all preliminary information, and subject to change. But
I am convinced that the final product will be a very nice product. Please
understand that part of the reason for the substantial discount on
PowerFLARM units is due to the preliminary status of the product.

I have no idea whether or not the PowerFLARM Remote Display will function in
all the different mounting orientations that the Butterfly display does.
But I am certain it will offer the same functionality as the display on the
front of the PowerFLARM Portable.

I look forward to receiving dimensions of the PowerFLARM Remote Display. I
have requested them.

My plan is to buy the PowerFLARM Brick and mount the PowerFLARM Remote
Display up high on the instrument panel - immediately above the moving map
display. It will fit in that location better than the Butterfly display
that fits into a 57 mm instrument hole.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 11th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Nov 11, 11:10*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I must apologize. *I had been a little confused and put forward some
incorrect information regarding the small display that is included with the
PowerFLARM Brick.

Previously my web site stated that the small Butterfly display would be the
one provided with the PowerFLARM Brick. *That is not correct. *The 2 units
look quite similar, but they are not the same. *The Butterfly unit has a
more complex user interface with 2 knobs on the same shaft.

The PowerFLARM Remote Display will have a single knob/push-button - just
like the single knob/push-button on the PowerFLARM Portable.

The PowerFLARM Remote Display will have a display screen that is exactly the
same size as the display screen on the PowerFLARM Portable.

Now that makes more sense! Thanks for the update.

(when visiting the page Paul has updated be sure to "refresh/reload"
if required by your browser. I was initially surprised to see the
same displays as I had looked at a few days ago).

Paul - Do you require a person placing an order before end of Dec to
specify which system they intend to purchase. I know that makes sense
from the point of having a production plan but I suspect some of us
will not be ready to make the choice by then.

Andy
Old November 11th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Andy,

I do require customers to make a choice between the PowerFLARM Portable,
PowerFLARM Brick with Display and PowerFLARM Brick without Display when
ordering. However, I imagine that some customers will change their minds
before they are delivered. That will not be a problem. I imagine it is
expected by FLARM.

But please do your best to make the choice as best you can before December
31st. As you mention below, this will help the manufacturer plan
production.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Andy" wrote in message
[...]

PowerFLARM bundled display Andy[_1_] Soaring 17 November 11th 10 09:43 PM
PowerFLARM questions Greg Arnold[_2_] Soaring 21 November 10th 10 04:05 AM
PowerFLARM Paul Remde Soaring 9 November 6th 10 04:30 AM
PowerFLARM Greg Arnold[_2_] Soaring 6 November 2nd 10 09:32 AM
Easy Display Update Paul Remde Soaring 0 January 3rd 06 04:05 AM