Why I wont buy from Paul

Old October 19th 05, 03:13 AM
diogenes

Default Why I wont buy from Paul

Paul Remde wrote:
If you can't find a used unit I have new ones in stock and for sale here

Paul Remde's post is exactly the sort of blatant solicitation that has
made me decide to always order from his competitors, who don't exhibit
the same egregious commercialization of RAS. If all were like Paul,
then any such thread would have the first post followed by a slew of

I once read an newspaper interview with a spammer, who used the argument
that she was doing the world a favor by providing information to those
out there who _did_ want to buy her product. There will always be people
who will ignore standards established for the general good if it will
benefit them personally. I would never buy from a spammer either.

This is the first time I have posted a response to his commercial posts
and will be the last time - but my displeasure will continue to be
expressed through the discretion of my pocketbook.

Frank
Old October 19th 05, 03:31 AM
Todd

I also never post on ras but think it was a very nice gesture by Paul to
quote his web site. This is just my view.
Todd

"diogenes" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Paul Remde wrote:
If you can't find a used unit I have new ones in stock and for sale here

Paul Remde's post is exactly the sort of blatant solicitation that has
made me decide to always order from his competitors, who don't exhibit the
same egregious commercialization of RAS. If all were like Paul, then any
such thread would have the first post followed by a slew of responses from
everyone who sells such an item, hawking their wares.

Old October 19th 05, 03:34 AM

If you can't find a used unit I have new ones in stock and for sale
here

Paul Remde's post is exactly the sort of blatant solicitation that has
made me decide to always order from his competitors,

End Snip

Easy Cheesy... It is the Blatant complaining that I object to.

Relax and support the few folks that are willing to dedicate their
energy to the sport.

Steve

Old October 19th 05, 03:37 AM

You don't have to read his posts, Frank. Comparing him to a spammer is
really unfair. And Paul isn't the only one who plugs his business here
now and then.

Aside: I'm getting sick and tired of people who publicly slam others on
this forum who don't have the huevos to put their full and complete
name next to their vitriol.

Let's see, I think I need some batteries and a left handed gizflitchy.
Expect a call Paul!

Ted Wagner V2C "2NO"
Chandler, AZ

Old October 19th 05, 03:50 AM
Kilo Charlie

"diogenes" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Paul Remde wrote:
If you can't find a used unit I have new ones in stock and for sale here

Paul Remde's post is exactly the sort of blatant solicitation that has
made me decide to always order from his competitors

Blah, blah, blah, blah.....

Know what "Frank".....I appreciate not only the fact that some of the
merchants jump in and give advice but the fact that generally they have a
unique and usually more educated view of the subject at hand. This has
obviously "twanged your issue string". Don't like the content of any
channel....there's always the Off button.

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Old October 19th 05, 03:54 AM
Mal

Well I do not mind how or who responds and what ever links they put up is
fine the more links the more choice of product and information I could even
save some cash.

Mal

www.mals.net

oups.com...

Old October 19th 05, 04:26 AM
Andy Blackburn

diogenes wrote in message
thlink.net...
Paul Remde wrote:
If you can't find a used unit I have new ones in
stock and for sale here

Paul Remde's post is exactly the sort of blatant solicitation
that has
made me decide to always order from his competitors

I think Paul was responding to a 'wanted' post - hardly
blatent commercializing. It IS a slippery slope once
you start granting exceptions to zero tolerance, so
I hope vendors will continue to exert restraint. We
all have a line - cross it and we get annoyed. Our
cynic from Sinope clearly has a shorter fuse than most.

9B

Old October 19th 05, 04:49 AM

I would never buy a PW-5 from Paul.

Old October 19th 05, 05:31 AM
Roger Worden

Well, I've found Paul to be a good honest guy who provides a lot of free
product advice to the soaring community. When a product he offered for sale
became unavailable, he even pointed me to some other possible suppliers. I
hope he's very successful as he goes full-time with his company. I don't
find a mention of a product now and then on RAS to be either blatant or
egregious.

"diogenes" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Old October 19th 05, 06:43 AM
bill

I`m from Oz and have found Paul excellent in so many ways. His brief
comments on this site are followed up to my advantage and interest.
Roger Worden wrote:
Well, I've found Paul to be a good honest guy who provides a lot of free
product advice to the soaring community. When a product he offered for sale
became unavailable, he even pointed me to some other possible suppliers. I
hope he's very successful as he goes full-time with his company. I don't
find a mention of a product now and then on RAS to be either blatant or
egregious.

"diogenes" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Paul Remde wrote:
[...]

Paul A. Schweizer, 1913-2004 Peter W. Smith Soaring 1 August 26th 04 04:13 PM
Paul Schweizer 1913-2004 BTIZ Piloting 0 August 19th 04 01:58 AM
Paul Segupta crosses the pond G.R. Patterson III Piloting 2 May 5th 04 01:47 PM
USAF Colonel Paul C. Oscanyan - information wanted Lasse Hillerøe Petersen Military Aviation 0 September 15th 03 09:44 PM
Paul "Ace" Chase and 8th TFS Reunion SteveM8597 Military Aviation 0 July 2nd 03 01:57 AM