You can now try Ramy’s scary outlanding on Lake Tahoe golf course on Condor

Old August 19th 20, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default You can now try Ramy’s scary outlanding on Lake Tahoe golf course on Condor

Making that landing took some great airmanship at the end of a long day.

Great main wheel skid mark from the 'fly it sideways' breaking action!

Especially nice there is no matching mark for the tail. Nicely flown all the way to full stop.

Any grass/dirt in the main wheel bead between the tire and rim?
Old August 19th 20, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

There was no one playing at the fairway when I landed. The folks you see in the pictures came out from the nearby homes, including the golf course owner. Of course I explained that I only landed there after overflying it to verify there was no one there. Not only they were not upset, but they were very friendly and helpful, brought me water and helped me move the glider and break it down. The owner was concerned about possible damage to the fairway but after looking at the skid marks he shrugged it off.

Ramy

Scary story about landing on a Lake Tahoe golf course 2G Soaring 99 August 6th 20 10:56 PM
Curtiss B-2 Condor pics [01/11] - B-2 civilian version Model 53 Condor 18.jpg (1/1) Miloch Aviation Photos 0 August 30th 18 12:20 PM
South Lake Tahoe Class D Ray Piloting 2 May 15th 05 03:31 AM
Lake Tahoe Ross Richardson Owning 5 March 28th 05 07:04 PM
DONNER LAKE TAHOE 2005 TRUCKEE,CA PHOTOS DONNER LAKE 2005 Piloting 3 January 16th 05 08:06 AM