A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

You can now try Ramy’s scary outlanding on Lake Tahoe golf course on Condor

Old August 19th 20, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default You can now try Ramy’s scary outlanding on Lake Tahoe golf course on Condor

Making that landing took some great airmanship at the end of a long day.

Great main wheel skid mark from the 'fly it sideways' breaking action!

Especially nice there is no matching mark for the tail. Nicely flown all the way to full stop.

Any grass/dirt in the main wheel bead between the tire and rim?
Old August 19th 20, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default You can now try Ramy’s scary outlanding on Lake Tahoe golf course on Condor

There was no one playing at the fairway when I landed. The folks you see in the pictures came out from the nearby homes, including the golf course owner. Of course I explained that I only landed there after overflying it to verify there was no one there. Not only they were not upset, but they were very friendly and helpful, brought me water and helped me move the glider and break it down. The owner was concerned about possible damage to the fairway but after looking at the skid marks he shrugged it off.

Ramy