Libelle repair near Cambridge UK?

Old December 14th 20, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Libelle repair near Cambridge UK?

I need to replace an airbrake bearing in my early Std Libelle 201 before
getting annuals done for next season.

Any recommendations for somebody who can tackle this job would be
appreciated.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old December 14th 20, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 8:30:01 AM UTC-5, Matthew Scutter wrote:
On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 10:30:50 PM UTC+10, Martin Gregorie wrote:
I need to replace an airbrake bearing in my early Std Libelle 201 before
getting annuals done for next season.

Any recommendations for somebody who can tackle this job would be
appreciated.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Navboys at Lasham.

How about Andrew Hume? His father was a glider repair guy; maybe Andrew is too.
He has a pIK 20 E
jmf
Old December 18th 20, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:30:50 AM UTC-5, Martin Gregorie wrote:
I need to replace an airbrake bearing in my early Std Libelle 201 before
getting annuals done for next season.

Any recommendations for somebody who can tackle this job would be
appreciated.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Are you talking about the gear box at the root that can get tight over time?
UH
Old December 18th 20, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 05:40:44 -0800, Hank Nixon wrote:

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:30:50 AM UTC-5, Martin Gregorie wrote:
I need to replace an airbrake bearing in my early Std Libelle 201
before getting annuals done for next season.

Any recommendations for somebody who can tackle this job would be
appreciated.

Martin | martin at Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Are you talking about the gear box at the root that can get tight over
time?

No. This is an early Std Libelle with upper and lower surface airbrakes.
The top surface bearing nearest the root got corroded when the wing cover
on that wing leaked. The rest seem fine.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org