New Mountain High O2D1 Systems

Old September 21st 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default New Mountain High O2D1 Systems

Hi,

Mountain High has just announced a new product called the O2D1. It is shown
in detail on my web site. The first units will ship in a week or 2 - as
soon as the manual is complete.

The new EDS O2D1 oxygen system replaces the EDS-D1 system as the standard
system used for single-place pulse-demand oxygen applications. The EDS O2D1
is based on the same technology used in the EDS-D1a but uses 2 AA batteries
for much greater battery life. The new EDS O2D1 is smaller in size than the
EDS-D1. The EDS O2D2 remains the standard system used in multiple-place
applications.
Sale
I have a one remaining EDS-D1 system in stock that is available at a
discounted price of $495 ($55 off the list price and $105 less than the new
system) on the Sale page he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/sale.htm

What's Different?

a.. The new EDS O2D1 uses 2 AA batteries for a much longer battery life of
100+ hours
b.. The EDS D1a uses a single 9 V battery for a battery life of 40+ hours
c.. The price of the new EDS O2D1 is $50 higher than the EDS-D1a sold for.
Is My EDS-D1 Obsolete?

a.. The EDS-D1 is no longer in production, however, it will be supported
for many years. It is a proven system that is in use in aircraft around the
world. If you own an EDS-D1 system you do not need to upgrade to an EDS
O2D1 - unless you want the longer battery life or slightly smaller size
offered by the O2D1. All part numbers and model numbers that formerly
included the EDS-D1a now include the new EDS O2D1.
Is the O2D1 a Drop-In Replacement for an EDS-D1?

a.. Yes, the oxygen input and output connectors are identical.
b.. I'm not certain, but I believe the power input may be different so if
you were powering it using external power, you may need to change the power
input to the unit.
Complete details and complete systems are listed on my web page he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/mh-o2d1.htm

Oxygen systems can be complicated and confusing to purchase. I have worked
hard to make my web site a valuable resource to help glider pilots find the
right system for their needs. Each complete system is shown with photos of
every component and a table showing the during of that system at several
altitudes.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.