WTB: Nose Gear Assembly for Early Model Bonanza

Old November 7th 03, 08:24 PM
Eric Ulmer

Default WTB: Nose Gear Assembly for Early Model Bonanza

Needed Immediately:
Strut assembly including holding casting for early model bonanza with smaller
diameter strut tube. Airplane that needs part is 1950 B35 Bonanza.

If you have parts for sale, please call Bruce at 763-537-8485
Old November 7th 03, 10:00 PM
Roger Halstead

On 7 Nov 2003 12:24:47 -0800, (Eric Ulmer) wrote:

Needed Immediately:
Strut assembly including holding casting for early model bonanza with smaller
diameter strut tube. Airplane that needs part is 1950 B35 Bonanza.

If you have parts for sale, please call Bruce at 763-537-8485

Good luck!
I replaced the inner tube two years ago and those things are really
expensive. I can't imagine what the who works would cost.

I'd check with the American Bonanza Society
http://www.bonanza.org/
It's well worth the cost of membership and they have lots of sources
for parts. Maybe they can point you to a bone yard.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)
Old November 8th 03, 01:58 AM
Eric Ulmer

Good luck!
I replaced the inner tube two years ago and those things are really
expensive. I can't imagine what the who works would cost.

Plenty, if the parts were available new still.. Of the parts planes
places I've called so far today, all of them had already sold off the
nose gear; they're in high demand.

I'd check with the American Bonanza Society http://www.bonanza.org/
It's well worth the cost of membership and they have lots of sources
for parts. Maybe they can point you to a bone yard.

Yup, already a member and started inquiring.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Eric Ulmer, K0RNS
You do Airmobile very much, Roger?
Old November 8th 03, 07:58 AM
Roger Halstead

On 7 Nov 2003 17:58:17 -0800, (Eric Ulmer) wrote:

Good luck!
I replaced the inner tube two years ago and those things are really
expensive. I can't imagine what the who works would cost.

As I recall the inner tube alone was over $7,000 new.
I picked up nice one for about a thousand.

Plenty, if the parts were available new still.. Of the parts planes
places I've called so far today, all of them had already sold off the
nose gear; they're in high demand.

I'd check with the American Bonanza Society
http://www.bonanza.org/
It's well worth the cost of membership and they have lots of sources
for parts. Maybe they can point you to a bone yard.

Yup, already a member and started inquiring.

Good Luck.

One place you might try is Blodgett Aviation at HTL. He wouldn't have
any, but might be able to find one as he specializes in Bonanzas.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Eric Ulmer, K0RNS
You do Airmobile very much, Roger?

Not a lot, but I do have a small headset which I wear under my ANRs.
It has a directional (noise canceling) mike which I clip on my jacket
and hook the belt clip over the door strap in the Deb. Nary a bit of
the aircraft noise goes out over the air.

I like to operate mobile (airborne) on 146.52 from 5,000 to 10,000. I
did use it in the company King Air at 22,000 from over central Ohio
and talked to my wife in her car up here near Midland (central
Michigan). The guys were impressed. She got to the airport about the
same time we did. We made it from Central Ohio in the same time it
took her to drive about 20 miles through town. That was a long time
ago. I retired in 97.

But I sure can create a lot of interest from one or two miles up on
52:-)) I often hear, "Man, what a band opening!G"

If I ever get the G-III finished I'm going to have either a duobander
(144/440) or multi mode rig installed. I'd be tempted to install one
of the little Yaesu all band HF through 440 100 watt rigs and a
trailing wire antenna for HF.

73

Old November 16th 03, 10:50 PM
Jerry

I have a complete nose strut & assembly from an H-35 that I Hurricane
Andrew destroyed. Its in good condition. Andrew blew my Bonanza out of
my hangar....upside down. The gear was the only thing left