Venus Airships / by Brad Guth

Old May 30th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Default Venus Airships / by Brad Guth

On May 29, 9:37 am, Dan wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
On May 28, 9:42 pm, Dan wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
On May 28, 6:31 am, Dan wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
How the heck did my good name get sucked down into the newsgroup pit
of sci.geo.geology?
What good name?
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Just because I haven't lied to myself or others about there being WMD,
nor having killed off my fair share of mostly innocent Muslims. isn't
enough just cause for speaking in a derogatory or mean spirited way
about my good name.
What do you honestly think about a federally mandated price set of $10/
gallon on civilian road and aviation fuel, so that myself and and most
all others (including yourself) I can directly and indirectly help
finance WWIII?
Of course most of everything else would likely inflate by at least
100%, but then it too is for the good cause.
Seemingly, that is what you and those of your Zionist DARPA guys and
gals of the dark side want, isn't it?
. - Brad Guth
I suppose that makes sense to you. Don't let reality get in the way
of your delusions.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

And that has what to do with the R&D of creating those composite rigid
airships for Venus?

How about the required technical expertise of flying such an airship
(robotic or manned) within that thick soup of the Venusian lower
atmosphere?

Obviously you're in favor of job security via war (hot or cold). In
that case we could go to war against whomever is currently situated on
or in any way utilizing Venus, by simply claiming they have WMD and
every intentions of utilizing such. After all, they could be
outsiders and Muslims to boot.
. - Brad Guth

Anyway, guth, back to your claim of having a "good name." In every
group you have polluted with your presence your name is equivalent to
the terms racist, paranoid, deluded, crude, dense and a few more. You'd
be hard pressed to find anyone who respects you.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Unlike yourself, I just don't like sleeping with or otherwise brown-
nosing them bad guys.
.. - Brad Guth
Old May 30th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 29, 8:59 am, (Andrew Robert Breen) wrote:
In article ,

On 2008-05-29, BradGuth wrote:
How about the required technical expertise of flying such an airship
(robotic or manned) within that thick soup of the Venusian lower
atmosphere?

How does this relate to rec.aviation.piloting? Nobody here knows anything
about the subject, largely because *nobody* knows anything about the
subject.

Though it pains me to even reply to a reply to the manifestly
delusional Guthball, balloons - though not airships - /have/
been flown in Venus atmosphe at least two of the Soviet
missions to Venus in the 80s launched aerostats, and they yielded
some very interesting (and, in some cases, still not fully
explained) measurements of atmospheric composition[1]. They
were flying in the upper cloud layers, mind. The Venera landers
established pretty well why you'd not try to fly balloons
near the surface. Too dam' hot, and boiling H2SO4 rain would
hurt, too.

At 35 km or below by day, or perhaps of 25 km or below by season of
nighttime is crystal dry and harmless, whereas that H2SO4 and even
pure S8 is relatively crystal dry, and thus kinda harmless stuff.

Are you saying there's lots of water within them thick and robust
clouds? (because you'd be correct)

[1] And dynamics. Because it rotates so slowly and because
of the angle of its rotation axis, Venus has /very/ odd
weather systems..

That's always good to know about, especially before cruising any
composite form of a rigid airship well below them acidic clouds.
.. - Brad Guth
Old May 30th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 29, 7:47 am, Jay Maynard
On 2008-05-29, BradGuth wrote:

How about the required technical expertise of flying such an airship
(robotic or manned) within that thick soup of the Venusian lower
atmosphere?

How does this relate to rec.aviation.piloting? Nobody here knows anything
about the subject, largely because *nobody* knows anything about the
subject.

I'm certainly not looking for absolute perfection, but would you like
to help R&D this rigid airship anyway?
.. - Brad Guth
Old May 30th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
Dan[_12_]

BradGuth wrote:
On May 29, 9:37 am, Dan wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
On May 28, 9:42 pm, Dan wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
On May 28, 6:31 am, Dan wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
[...]

I'm sure that makes sense to you.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old May 30th 08, 07:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
Jim Logajan

BradGuth wrote:
I'm certainly not looking for absolute perfection, but would you like
to help R&D this rigid airship anyway?

I think I can offer some guidance.
(Followups set to the only newsgroup I believe this thread now belongs.)
There are two resources you should begin with:

This paper:
"HIGH TEMPERATURE MATERIALS FOR VENUS BALLOON ENVELOPES"

Which you can find online he
http://trs-new.jpl.nasa.gov/dspace/b.../1/95-0417.pdf

And this book, which is the most "modern" text available on the subject
of airship design:

"Airship Technology" Edited by Khoury and Gillett

Available he
http://www.amazon.com/Airship-Techno...29796&sr= 8-1

Other books and web sites worth adding to a research library on airships
include:

"Airship Design" by Burgess

Old but still useful and available he
http://www.amazon.com/Airship-Design...pd_sim_b_img_1

"Airship Aerodynamics" By the U.S. War Department

Originally intended for training of Navy airship personnel but a short
yet effective guide to basic concepts. Available he
http://www.amazon.com/Airship-Aerody..._bxgy_b_text_b

The website of the Experimental Lighter than Air organization:

http://www.xlta.org/

There are a couple of PDF docs worth downloading in the LIBRARY page and
further links to other sites in the LINKS page (naturally).

Hope some of this helps.
Old May 31st 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

BradGuth wrote in
:

On May 29, 7:47 am, Jay Maynard
On 2008-05-29, BradGuth wrote:

How about the required technical expertise of flying such an
airship (robotic or manned) within that thick soup of the Venusian
lower atmosphere?

How does this relate to rec.aviation.piloting? Nobody here knows
anything about the subject, largely because *nobody* knows anything
about the subject.

I'm certainly not looking for absolute perfection, but would you like
to help R&D this rigid airship anyway?
. - Brad Guth

Hey, hey could probably make one out of old beer mats and some of those
chemical light sticks..

Bertie
Old May 31st 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Scott Hedrick" wrote in news:e83d8$483f658f$2870
@news.teranews.com:

"Dan" wrote in message
BradGuth wrote:
How the heck did my good name get sucked down into the newsgroup pit
of sci.geo.geology?

What good name?

If he has a good name, why doesn't he use it instead of "Brad Guth"?

Bwawahwhhahwhahw!

Bertie

Old May 31st 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Available hehttp://www.amazon.com/Airship-Techno...space-Khoury/d...

Old but still useful and available hehttp://www.amazon.com/Airship-Design...dp/1410211738/...

yet effective guide to basic concepts. Available hehttp://www.amazon.com/Airship-Aerody...r-Department/d...

The website of the Experimental Lighter than Air organization:

http://www.xlta.org/

There are a couple of PDF docs worth downloading in the LIBRARY page and
further links to other sites in the LINKS page (naturally).

Hope some of this helps.

For some odd reasons this reply of mine wasn't getting posted to all
of the intended groups. So, here's one more time for the old Guth
gipper.

Thanks once again for all of that constructive and only somewhat
outdated though informative leads, but also some of that rather silly
balloon sport feedback has its place, much of which I've seen dozens
of times before.

It seems folks expect little old me to accomplish 100+% of
everything. I didn't realize that I was being thought of as far
better than Einstein that had teams of assistants (aka minions and
peers) working as an intellectual cartel on his behalf.

By way of expressing rigid composite should suggest this is not an
inflated balloon application, as proposed by Yavrouian, not that
efficiently ballooning science instruments below them thick clouds
isn't technically doable as relatively cheap, especially on behalf of
the micro electronic packages that involve so little mass and require
such little energy as they outperform their task in most every aspect.

Starting from scratch, this custom rigid composite airship is capable
of good size and substantial payload, and its going to be like nothing
ever before utilized on Earth or any other planet. Perhaps the
closest
analogy of anything terrestrial is going to be a nuclear submarine,
whereas instead having its Venus buoyancy created by either a vacuum
that’s easily managed by way of getting CO2 pumped out, or merely
displaced from the top down with the failsafe gas of hydrogen. I was
thinking along the lines of using rigid/hard composite spheres,
arranged into an airship format (5 in tandem) that’s kind of
aerodynamically suited to the task at hand.

This application requires more than a simple balloon, especially if
active flight and navigation is incorporated.
. – Brad Guth
Old June 7th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Interesting, as to how the entire DARPA Usenet/newsgroup thing grinds
itself to a bloody halt whenever something really interesting comes
along.

It's as though the Planet Venus is just as DARPA taboo/nondisclosure
rated as is our physically dark moon, so much so that not even the
regular laws of physics nor the best available science can be
discussed without my having to receive more than my fair share of
mainstream status quo flak.

If you'd care to learn more (1-253-8576061), or just to share and
share alike would be kinda nice.
Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Old June 8th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.balloon,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy
LIBERATOR[_3_]

On May 5, 6:19*am, BradGuth wrote:
On May 5, 12:34 am, LIBERATOR wrote:

Brad what did you think of that "Disclosure Project"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUkorwww.disclosureproject.org

Thanks to our popular mainstream media that'll publish and/or exclude
whatever they're told by those in charge, and otherwise by that of our
"no child left behind" policy, I didn't here a darn thing about it,
and Usenet/Groups certainly didn't make much if anything of it.
(wonder why)

Besides the fact that ETs do exist, and that it's quite likely they
have also existed/coexisted on Venus (because that's technically
doable), what if anything of this "Disclosure Project" doings had
anything whatsoever to do with any composite rigid airship, as
intended for cruising Venus?

In other words, why did you fail to grasp the meaning or intent of
this topic "Venus Airships"?
. - Brad Guth

Brad, it's all related. The Venus airships are flying saucers and
nothing else.

The Venus beings are humans, almost exact to us. It's a heavily
populated planet with Earth humanoids so exact we couldn't tell if
they were walking around on Earth - and some probably are.