Std. Libelle water ballast system

Old April 8th 21, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Std. Libelle water ballast system

I bought my second Std. Libelle, s/n 593 so it is a balasted ship ex-factory. A 201B.
It has waterbags, the dumplever but no valve in the wheel well and no holes in the bulkhead behind the seat and the wheel well.
Not a trace of it...

It has seen extensive damage the two years after it was delivered new.
The first repair consisted of the complete new cockpit section, it might explain things but I cannot imagine it hasn't flown ballasted the last 46 years.

What do I miss?
The ships I know are in the 100, 200 and 300 build number range.
I never saw other late serial ships.
Old April 8th 21, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean E

I bought my second Std. Libelle, s/n 593 so it is a balasted ship ex-factory. A 201B.
It has waterbags, the dumplever but no valve in the wheel well and no holes in the bulkhead behind the seat and the wheel well.
Not a trace of it...

It has seen extensive damage the two years after it was delivered new.
The first repair consisted of the complete new cockpit section, it might explain things but I cannot imagine it hasn't flown ballasted the last 46 years.

What do I miss?
The ships I know are in the 100, 200 and 300 build number range.
I never saw other late serial ships.

You said the ship had extensive damage, I would recommend reviewing the current weight and balance to make sure you can add more ballast, if you haven't already done so.

Sean
Old April 8th 21, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 14:01:19 -0700, Sean E wrote:

I bought my second Std. Libelle, s/n 593 so it is a balasted ship
ex-factory. A 201B.
It has waterbags, the dumplever but no valve in the wheel well and no
holes in the bulkhead behind the seat and the wheel well.
Not a trace of it...

It has seen extensive damage the two years after it was delivered new.
The first repair consisted of the complete new cockpit section, it
might explain things but I cannot imagine it hasn't flown ballasted the
last 46 years.

What do I miss?
The ships I know are in the 100, 200 and 300 build number range.
I never saw other late serial ships.

You said the ship had extensive damage, I would recommend reviewing the
current weight and balance to make sure you can add more ballast, if you
haven't already done so.

After you've sorted out the W&B, contact Glasfaser, if you haven't
already done so. I've found them to be easy to deal with and helpful.
They probably have the drawings you need and may be able to supply the
missing water dump parts too.

Web: http://www.streifly.de/
E-mail:

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old April 9th 21, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On 4/8/2021 4:47 PM, wrote:
I bought my second Std. Libelle

I thought only us motor-glider types need a spare glider?
Very confusing.