It only takes one...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 2nd 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default It only takes one...

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 2 May 2007 13:14:21 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2007 17:32:14 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote in
:

I've had that happen to me! I extended a formation to let a Mooney
in, spaced myself so he would clear at the second exit -- he
decided to take exit #3, while slowing down to taxi speed and
keeping in the center of our 150 ft wide runway! I radioed,
"Mooney clear right, please." Nothing!

Another time (some 40+ years ago, I was flying a Beech 18 into an
airport, where a Champ was doing T&Gs. I spaced myself, but he
decided to stay on the runway and slow-taxi to the end. I cleaned
it up, applied climb power and held it low until I passed over
him. The sound of 2 R-985s at climb power HAD to get his attention!

Are you able to quote a specific regulation that prevents you from
landing behind the aircraft in these situations?

The laws of physics might come into play.

That's a matter of pilot judgment, isn't it?

No physics is not a matter of pilot judgement. If they are going to come
into play is a matter of pilot judgement.