1974 German Reverse Fuel Air Weapon

Old January 20th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Default 1974 German Reverse Fuel Air Weapon

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
:

On Jan 19, 4:17 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote
innews:128bed28-2d81-40c5-a854-

om:

On Jan 19, 5:55 am, "Dean A. Markley"
wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
On Jan 18, 5:10 am, Eunometic wrote:
On Jan 18, 1:23 pm, "Dean A. Markley"
Can you provide me with a patent number? I am curious now.
For what its worth, nitrates, chlorates and permanganates do
not "release" oxygen when they burn. Its a rather more
complex oxidation/reduction process that does not directly
involve molecular oxygen.

Basically looks like the chemistry of explosives; you could
use oxygen in compressed form or as hydrogen peroxide but its a
bit difficult to store.

Saltpeter (KNO3), is a safe juvenile oxidizer used
frequently by rocketry experimentalists, such as,
http://sugarshot.org/

In a molten state it is very dangerous, by combusting
any fuel it comes into contact with, if it's hot enough.
I/we had a rocketry club as kids in the early 70's, and
used that propellant (Sugar-Saltpeter).
Regards
Ken

I had a chuckle reading that Ken! I am the kid who at age 9,
tried to make molten sugar/saltpeter rocket propellant on the
kitchen stove. I filled the house with smoke, burned a pan and
got a sore ass. Dean

You'd have to be pretty bright to even try that
experiment at age 9. (I was using match heads
and pulling wicks out of firecrackers at that age)

Wow, you were a geenyus.
Bertie

We used a hot-plate outside to cook the fuel.
One dork , (like bertie) comes by smokin on
a breezy day, we told him to **** off, well
**** an ember off his smoke blows into a hot
melt...poof, the dang pot load went off in 1-2
seconds and shot 10-20 feet up in flames.
Singed the eyebrows off the cooker.

Actually we had laff about that, but we banned
the air-head, (nerdy berty type) from ever doing
any rocketry, hey he was FIRED, get it?

Yeh, a bucnh of guys playing with Estes rockets harrasing nerds....

Ya see it every day.

Bertie

Old January 20th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Rob Arndt wrote in
:

On Jan 19, 5:01�pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote
innews:1f41f6b8-77ba-44eb-b3

:

,
[...]