Mission Aviation

Old April 16th 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Russell

Default Mission Aviation

Air Mission of the Americas is a private, international non-
governmental organization (INGO). We are primarily funded through the
generosity of a single, anonymous donor. Accordingly, while we accept
and welcome private donations, we do not hold or seek classification
as a charitable organization as recognized by United States tax code.
Those seeking tax-deductible giving opportunities are encouraged to
contact us for referral to thoroughly vetted charitable
organizations.
Each of our members is called to service. We answer the call by
making
our unique skill set available to others who, though called as well,
lack the experience or resources to safely project their mission to
their target population. Additionally, we develop technologies needed
to further our mission.
Our primary mission, and our unparalleled expertise, is to develop
persistent logistical conduits through which humanitarian goods and
services can be safely delivered over the "final mile." The final
mile
is a term used to describe the often challenging and perilous
distance
which separates the supply chain from the recipient. Generally, our
efforts result in the successful delivery of clean water, basic
medicine, and nutrition.
While we necessarily screen solicitations for our support, we offer
our services to qualified organizations without regard to their
religious denomination or political affiliation. While we are trained
and equipped to operate in hostile areas, we do not support combat
operations of any sort.
Our Headquarters is located near Memphis, Tennessee. We maintain
satellite offices at our deployed locations throughout our service
area. Our daily operations are controlled by our Executive Director,
Mr. Russell C. Melvin, while our Board of Directors provides
consulting and strategic direction.
Tags: Air Mission of the Americas, airmota.org, Russell Melvin,
Rusty
Melvin, Russell C. Melvin