Questions pondered at 6500 feet

Old January 17th 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Questions pondered at 6500 feet

George wrote:

1. What is the lowest pubic airport in the USA? Cochran
(TRM) is -114ft, is there any lower?

Furnace Creek - (L06). -210 ft. Landed there a few weeks ago. Pretty
interesting place.

2. What is the highest and lowest public airport int the world?

Highest is Bangdag Airport in Tibet at 14,100 ft. Lowest is Furnace
Creek, AFAICT - there doesn't seem to be an airport near the Dead Sea.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://www.cozybuilders.org/

Old January 17th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

George wrote:
1. What is the lowest pubic airport in the USA?

I'd have to say George's mind is not on aviation today. :^)

The Monk

Old January 17th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

George wrote:

1. What is the lowest pubic airport in the USA?

Well, Jim posted a link to one with a whorehouse at the end of the runway. It
looked pretty low to me. :-)

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 17th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Marc J. Zeitlin" wrote)
Highest is Bangdag Airport in Tibet at 14,100 ft. Lowest is Furnace
Creek, AFAICT - there doesn't seem to be an airport near the Dead Sea.

Wonder what a local (Dead Sea) purpose built float plane would look like?
Maybe like a Cub on skis. g

Montblack

Old January 17th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
k.net...

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote in message

They probably do it for liability reasons so they can't be sued in an
accident for deviating from an FAA approved approach, lawyer BS, blah,
blah.

That would seem to favor the visual approach.

Not for some scumbag lawyer who will say that the approved IFR approach was
designed for minimum interference from towers and ground obstructions and on
and on.

DW

Old January 19th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

This spring we are planning a trip to Riverside, CA (KPWA-KRIR) to visit
relatives. I was thinking about shooting a touch&go at Thermal, just to see the
altimeter go negative. I thought about go to Furnace Creek for brunch at the
Furnace Creek Inn, but me and mountains don't get along to well.

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:48:52 GMT, "Marc J. Zeitlin"
wrote:

1. What is the lowest pubic airport in the USA? Cochran
(TRM) is -114ft, is there any lower?

Furnace Creek - (L06). -210 ft. Landed there a few weeks ago. Pretty
interesting place.

2. What is the highest and lowest public airport int the world?

Highest is Bangdag Airport in Tibet at 14,100 ft. Lowest is Furnace
Creek, AFAICT - there doesn't seem to be an airport near the Dead Sea.

George
If you request flight following, can you really "slip the surly bonds of earth"?

Old January 19th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

You guys surprised me. I thought for sure I would get some comments about a
seaplane in Oklahoma. Oh well. Did I tell you I flow today?

George

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:07:02 -0600, George wrote:

3. If I bought a CUB with floats from American Legend Aircraft Company how would
I get it home in Oklahoma (4O6)?