Warm boots for cold flying days

Old December 4th 16, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Warm boots for cold flying days

Skyboots - very warm and if you land out you have got your ordinary boots/shoes inside them to walk around in.
Old December 4th 16, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 8:46:12 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
Please post your suggestions. I need something warm but not too bulky.

Andrzej

Thank you to all who responded. I ordered the Northface Thermoball II Bootie Eric suggested. I will report back when I test them. They looked least bulky and they had excellent reviews plus I can put my heated insoles in them.

Andrzej
Old December 4th 16, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 7:23:30 AM UTC-6, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 8:46:12 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
Please post your suggestions. I need something warm but not too bulky.

Andrzej

Thank you to all who responded. I ordered the Northface Thermoball II Bootie Eric suggested. I will report back when I test them. They looked least bulky and they had excellent reviews plus I can put my heated insoles in them.

Andrzej

Andrzej, I just got the boots from Zappos, they have them on sale now for $56.00. They are warm but kind of flimsy, I will find out how they hold up. I also plan the low-quality insoles they come with and will fly them with my Gerbig heated insoles.
Herb
Old December 5th 16, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 8:23:30 AM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 8:46:12 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
Please post your suggestions. I need something warm but not too bulky.

Andrzej

Thank you to all who responded. I ordered the Northface Thermoball II Bootie Eric suggested. I will report back when I test them. They looked least bulky and they had excellent reviews plus I can put my heated insoles in them.

Andrzej

I ordered a pair too, i'm going to put my thermacell insoles in there. hope they are an improvement over the LL Bean cold weather camping booties. those didnt give enough space for the insole.
Old December 6th 16, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Le lundi 28 novembre 2016 20:46:12 UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus a écritÂ*:
Please post your suggestions. I need something warm but not too bulky.

Andrzej

Hunting store have all you need because the market is huge.
Overshoes boots socks insoles electric or not...
Old December 7th 16, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 10:33:22 AM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
Northface Thermoball Bootie. Has enough of a sole that you can walk short distances but not too bulky to fit in the rudder pedal bays of my -29. Replace the insole with a higher quality one such as Toasty Feet.

P3

thanks for the tip P3! i ordered a pair of these NF boots. i took out the insoles, put my battery powered ones in, and tried them on. they fit nicely, seem pretty darn warm, and aren't bulky. now i just need some NW winds. ohhhhhh baaaabby
Old December 7th 16, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Is this what you're looking for? This morning's sounding for Moriarty
https://www.dropbox.com/s/js4wr3ovdnzoljv/Screenshot%202016-12-07%2007.59.09.png?dl=0.

I looked out the windows earlier and thought, "Maybe I'll take a hop
today". Now it's overcast and snowing and the mountains are rapidly
disappearing...

--
Dan, 5J

Old December 15th 16, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 8:23:30 AM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 8:46:12 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
Please post your suggestions. I need something warm but not too bulky.

Andrzej

Thank you to all who responded. I ordered the Northface Thermoball II Bootie Eric suggested. I will report back when I test them. They looked least bulky and they had excellent reviews plus I can put my heated insoles in them.

Andrzej

Well, the boots came and I tried them in my glider. The verdict is they are way to wide for ASH-31 Mi pedals. I finally decided to order boots recommended by Evan.
http://www.mukluks.com/Short-Quetico.../#.WFHfI_krKUk

They are less than 4 1/4" in the widest spot for size 11. Yes, they are expensive but they are really warm.
Old December 15th 16, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 7:20:18 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 8:23:30 AM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 8:46:12 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
Please post your suggestions. I need something warm but not too bulky.

Andrzej

Thank you to all who responded. I ordered the Northface Thermoball II Bootie Eric suggested. I will report back when I test them. They looked least bulky and they had excellent reviews plus I can put my heated insoles in them.

Andrzej

Well, the boots came and I tried them in my glider. The verdict is they are way to wide for ASH-31 Mi pedals. I finally decided to order boots recommended by Evan.
http://www.mukluks.com/Short-Quetico.../#.WFHfI_krKUk

They are less than 4 1/4" in the widest spot for size 11. Yes, they are expensive but they are really warm.

And you are set for dog sledding season too!

Evan
Old December 15th 16, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 8:05:10 PM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
[...]

Glad to know there is some kind of racing future for me, even if it is in dog sledding

I might even get airborne if we go really fast.