McCain in '08

Old July 18th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen Hiller[_3_]

Default McCain in '08

gatt wrote:

"Owen Hiller" wrote in message

I don't claim to know what motivated Kerry to decide to do it 'cause I
wasn't in his campaign headquarters, either.

Well put yourself in his handlers' shoes.

That requires experience, a paycheck, and half a damn to give about John
Kerry in the first place, none of which I possess.

Which of course completely explains why you can't figure out why people were
rebutting his claims he made about his four months of service in Vietnam.

Old July 18th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen Hiller[_3_]

gatt wrote:

"Owen Hiller" wrote in message

That's my point. Being a veteran is extremely honorable, but not all
veterans
are honorable, and it certainly doesn't necessarily make you a better
politician, or meat cutter, etc.

That doesn't give people license to falsify, distort or question that
person's demonstrated military career. Ever.

Who was falsifying? Please explain.

Old July 18th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Owen Hiller" wrote

Assuming "POL" some sort of shorthand for politics, why would you need
that when the subject is "McCain in '08?" Just curious.

When you look at all of the new posts that come in, it shows up. Sure, I
could write a new filter just for the current thread, but tomorrow it will
be another thread that pops up, and a new filter to write. You put POL for
politics in the subject line and I, and all of the other people (that are
too numerous to mention) that are sick of seeing politics taking over
threads, don't have to read the vile filth and lies that nobody will refrain
from posting.

You really never have seen this kind of thing before, have you?
--
Jim in NC

Old July 18th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Owen Hiller" wrote

I haven't seen the new convention before. When did it start?

It has been discussed the last couple days. Where have you been?
--
Jim in NC
Old July 18th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

Default POL: McCain in '08

(Morgans" wrote)
Be courtious, and play along. It does not take very long to do.

Hey, you didn't include POL in the subject line! g

Montblack
Alexander Graham Bellski?
The first telephone POL.
Old July 18th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Owen Hiller" wrote

Right. So how should we manage posts about subject line conventions?

When you reply to a post, if POL is not yet in the subject line, navigate
your cursor up to the subject line location, and after the put in "POL"
and you are done, and can go back to blasting whoever wants to play with
you.

Some other filter keywords are OT for off topic. FS for for sale, for a
personally owned aviation item, only. Some disagree with this being
allowable... In some aviation groups, ZZZ for Zoom (Jim Campbell) JJJ for
Juan Jimienez, one of zoom's lackeys. I can';t remember if we added REL for
religion, or not.

Thanks for your future cooperation.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 18th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyingmonk[_1_]

Morgans wrote:

Some other filter keywords are OT for off topic. FS for for sale, for a
personally owned aviation item, only. Some disagree with this being
allowable... In some aviation groups, ZZZ for Zoom (Jim Campbell) JJJ for
Juan Jimienez, one of zoom's lackeys. I can';t remember if we added REL for
religion, or not.

Thanks for your future cooperation.
--
Jim in NC

Don't forget "jumpingpixels". g

Monk

Old July 18th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Montblack" wrote

Hey, you didn't include POL in the subject line! g

So where in my post did you see me mention any opinions on politics?

Gottcha right back! VBG.
--
Jim in NC
Old July 18th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Flyingmonk" wrote

Don't forget "jumpingpixels". g

Yeah, I forgot him. What could we use to warn of that guy.... I think
I've got it!

IDIOT G
--
Jim in NC

Old July 18th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,news.groups
Tim Skirvin

Default Proposal For A New Rec.Aviation Newsgroup.

Larry Dighera writes:

How do you propose to assure that periodic notices are posted? That
sounds like a job for the UNIX 'at' command.

http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/so...cripts/faqpost

That's what I use.

- Tim Skirvin )
Chair, Big-8 Management Board