Ice meteors, climate, sceptics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 30th 04, 11:07 AM
Brian Sandle

Eric Hocking wrote:
[sci.g.meteorology dropped from follow-ups]

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message
Brian Sandle wrote:
Eric Hocking wrote:

Fine - put forward another explanation for the correlation between
lifting footpath bans and the late 2001 appearance of circles in
British crops.

http://www.cropcircleresearch.com/database/index.html

then go to foot and mouth.

2001 has very similar figures for April as 2000 and 2002.

Hmm, 3 in April 2000, 0 in April 2001 and 1 in 2002.

Go to the table I have made in the FMD & Cropcircles thread and see
if you think that there is much statistically between 0 and the
average of 1 & 3. for April, given the May picture over those years.

Noted the 2001 was by an artist. The comments on the next two are amusing
"Very amateurish looking" and "Fairly rough looking". Must have been
apprentice aliens trying it out for the first time!

Do the human circle makers improve with experience?

As you suggested I do in an earlier post, check the data.

Now I have posted the table.

Go also to the
county news releases on when and where the blanket bans were lifted and then
have a look at when and where the circles started to appear in 2001.

You might help with that. I already showed
13 May Hampshire -- still in F&M territory.
22 May Dorset
25 May Wiltshire started, but no more for 3 days, then 5 there.
29 May Hertsfordshire

By limiting yourself to a single resource, you're not getting the whole
picture and limit the points of view you can put forward. In counter to the
cropcircleresearch site http://www.circlemakers.org/ specifically
http://www.circlemakers.org/totc2001.html for their 2001 round up.

Can't get much out of that.