Cross country time

Old February 2nd 05, 06:39 AM
clyde woempner

Default Cross country time

Well it just had to happen, my son-in-law and family are transfering to
Georgia. Now it was one thing to fly from Northern Calif.(Eureka area) to
San Diego, that is not a bad little cross country, but all the way across
the country?? You know how many charts I will have to buy, let alone the
fuel. Well it's nice the wife has just retired, so at least we will have
the time. By the way, is flying into Georgia considered an international
flight??
Clyde

Old February 2nd 05, 07:22 AM
BTIZ

"clyde woempner" wrote in message
Well it just had to happen, my son-in-law and family are transfering to
Georgia. Now it was one thing to fly from Northern Calif.(Eureka area) to
San Diego, that is not a bad little cross country, but all the way across
the country?? You know how many charts I will have to buy, let alone the
fuel. Well it's nice the wife has just retired, so at least we will have
the time. By the way, is flying into Georgia considered an international
flight??
Clyde

Any time you cross the mason dixon line.. it's an international flight..

have fun...

BT

Old February 2nd 05, 08:46 AM
Dude

"clyde woempner" wrote in message
Well it just had to happen, my son-in-law and family are transfering to
Georgia. Now it was one thing to fly from Northern Calif.(Eureka area) to
San Diego, that is not a bad little cross country, but all the way across
the country?? You know how many charts I will have to buy, let alone the
fuel. Well it's nice the wife has just retired, so at least we will have
the time. By the way, is flying into Georgia considered an international
flight??
Clyde

Are you kidding? You may cross several int'l borders.

As you leave the Peoples Republic of California, you will enter the USA for
a while until you get to the Republic of Texas. After leaving there you
will cross into the Confederate States of "Lee may have surrendered, but we
didn't!" of which Georgia is a full member n good standing.

So, thinking of getting a Mooney? It will improve your chances of not being
shot down, at least in Texas.

Old February 2nd 05, 04:30 PM
Jay Honeck

By the way, is flying into Georgia considered an international
flight??

Clyde, Clyde, Clyde. You're looking at this all wrong!

Look at the bright side -- you've now got a perfect excuse to drop in at the
Inn, and spend a night or two with us!

(According to Destination direct, landing in IOW will only add 50 minutes to
a 14+ hour, multi-day flight...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 2nd 05, 05:02 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Dude" wrote:

[...]

BTW, it is "People's Republik of Kalifornia," not "Peoples Republic of
California"!

My congratulations on escaping!
Old February 2nd 05, 11:36 PM
Rich

Dude wrote:
[...]

Plus...
You can swing by Pennsylvania and talk to Narco! You can tell them how
you REALLY feel!

Rich