18-m Nationals Complete -- Tom Kelley (711) New Champ! Go Tom!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WE[_2_]

Default 18-m Nationals Complete -- Tom Kelley (711) New Champ! Go Tom!

We had a great time at Ephrata this year. The organization was superb
and the weather even better. This is clearly a great soaring site
that rivals Uvalde in many ways and it is much cooler. I can't say
enough about how well run everything was there from the soaring
activities to the social events that kept everyone comfortable,
entertained, and well fed. The racing weather had everything from
tough blue days, to scattered Cu, Uvalde like Clouds Streets, and the
occasional rain outbursts to deal with provided for great racing and a
good test of everyones skills. If you have not flown at Ephrata, I
highly recommend you take a trip to this beautiful site.

711 flew a great race keeping the heat on all the time--I did my best
and just couldn't catch him! Tom really pulled at all the stops and
just plain beat us! Of course, Gary Ittner (P7) was close on his
heals (and mine) and proved himself once again with a strong finish
taking 2nd.

And, 7V was definitely in the hunt showing us all that he still has
lots of great soaring in him and the will to win as he took 1000
points for Day 1 and Day 2 and kept knocking hard at the door each
day. Many others had great flights to--too many to mention.

Everyone at the contest seemed to have a great time and flew well. I
was delighted to spend time with som many old friends and I got to
make lots of new friends that I will look forward to seeing many times
in the future. I had a blast and look forward to flying there again.

Ah, those Columbia Basin dust devils are still dancing in my head!

WE

East Coast Nationals-West Coast Nationals Sam Giltner[_1_] Soaring 3 September 28th 08 07:55 PM
WTB: Aeronca Champ [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 7 July 13th 06 10:04 PM
Location of 2006 US 18m nationals and Sports Class Nationals and 15m ? John Bojack Soaring 2 July 18th 05 02:45 PM
Buying an Aeronca Champ BJen Piloting 10 April 15th 04 11:28 AM
Electrical system for Champ 7DC? Jimmy Cash Restoration 3 October 25th 03 08:28 PM