Single-Seat Accident Records (Was BD-5B)

Old November 18th 03, 01:15 AM
Snowbird

- Barnyard BOb - wrote in message . ..

I've flown in light snow with my RV-3 wearing nothing more than
a hawaiian short sleeved shirt and a smile.

Nothing more?

TMI -- too much information

Sydney (but wasn't the walk to the hangar kind of...blue?)
Old November 18th 03, 03:47 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

I've flown in light snow with my RV-3 wearing nothing more than
a hawaiian short sleeved shirt and a smile.

Nothing more?

TMI -- too much information

Sydney (but wasn't the walk to the hangar kind of...blue?)

?????????????????????????

It would have been a short, small........
walk. g

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How would you know?
Have you been talking to Ben Dover?

Barnyard BOb --

Old November 18th 03, 05:17 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:00:39 -0600, - Barnyard BOb - wrote:

I won't bull**** you....
since you probably know the builder personally.
He lived only a stone's throw from you in WA. g

"Never ask a question on that you don't already know the answer." :-)

BTW, Bob, I can give you some insight as to the lack of activity on that
aircraft in that time period. I don't have your email, drop me a message
offline.

Average annual flight time since first flight = 42.94 hours

Well done, BOb...if my fingers and toes don't deceive me, you must be
flying about 90-95 hours per year.

How about it? Any other homebuilt owners want to chime in with their
approximate average annual flight time?

Ron W/Fly Baby 40 hours
BOb U/RV-3 95 hours

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 18th 03, 05:18 AM
Morgans

`
"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...

. ..

--
Jim in NC

Old November 18th 03, 06:16 AM
Rich S.

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message

How about it? Any other homebuilt owners want to chime in with their
approximate average annual flight time?

Ron W/Fly Baby 40 hours
BOb U/RV-3 95 hours
Rich S/Emeraude 75 hours

Rich S.

Old November 18th 03, 07:07 AM
Jerry Springer

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message

How about it? Any other homebuilt owners want to chime in with their
approximate average annual flight time?

Ron W/Fly Baby 40 hours
BOb U/RV-3 95 hours
Rich S/Emeraude 75 hours
Jerry S/RV-6 75 hours

Old November 18th 03, 07:19 AM
Stealth Pilot

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 04:17:26 GMT, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:00:39 -0600, - Barnyard BOb - wrote:

I won't bull**** you....
since you probably know the builder personally.
He lived only a stone's throw from you in WA. g

"Never ask a question on that you don't already know the answer." :-)

BTW, Bob, I can give you some insight as to the lack of activity on that
aircraft in that time period. I don't have your email, drop me a message
offline.

Average annual flight time since first flight = 42.94 hours

Well done, BOb...if my fingers and toes don't deceive me, you must be
flying about 90-95 hours per year.

How about it? Any other homebuilt owners want to chime in with their
approximate average annual flight time?

Ron W/Fly Baby 40 hours
BOb U/RV-3 95 hours

Ron Wanttaja

315 hours in 16 years = 20 hours per year.
diabolical arguments with part owner who didnt fly and believed 16
hours per year was plenty so it didnt wear out.(hadnt heard of rust)
sat for a year on the ground in argument. (my having the prop off for
balancing while we argued may have had some bearing on that I have to
admit :-) )
bought out part owner.
corrected tailwheel overgearing which made landing a nightmare.
now do 50 to 75 hrs per year. have almost doubled the engine time in
just a few years.
Stealth Pilot
Old November 18th 03, 07:21 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

Average annual flight time since first flight = 42.94 hours

Well done, BOb...if my fingers and toes don't deceive me, you must be
flying about 90-95 hours per year.

How about it? Any other homebuilt owners want to chime in with their
approximate average annual flight time?

Ron W/Fly Baby 40 hours
BOb U/RV-3 95 hours

Ron Wanttaja

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've flown my RV3 over 530 hours since
picking it up in Washington in July of 2000...
Including 9 months disabled with a cracked
engine mount landing gear cluster from a
poor weld job repair before my ownership.

530/40 = 13.25 hr/mo x 12 = 159 hr/year

Barnyard BOb -- over 50 years of successful flight

Old November 18th 03, 07:30 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:21:48 -0600, - Barnyard BOb - wrote:

BOb U/RV-3 95 hours

530/40 = 13.25 hr/mo x 12 = 159 hr/year

My apologies, BOb...guess I misinterpreted your previous post.

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 18th 03, 07:53 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

BOb U/RV-3 95 hours

530/40 = 13.25 hr/mo x 12 = 159 hr/year

My apologies, BOb...guess I misinterpreted your previous post.

Ron Wanttaja

Not necessarily, but...
very nice of you to put it that way. g

BOb U.

Pitts Seat Mod Martin Morgan Aerobatics 0 November 21st 03 04:56 AM
Seat cushion Ernest Christley Home Built 14 August 5th 03 07:16 PM
Seat cushions Big John Home Built 3 July 31st 03 10:59 PM
DK-1 All Metal single seat biplane Michael Home Built 0 July 28th 03 05:16 PM